The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile I have to say this

I will apologize right off the bat if this is confusing or misinterpreted. The past few days have been kinda hard, spent most of yesterday in bed. I'm walking doing my worst Frankenstein immitation, have very little energy and just generally have the MS funk.

Debbie D I am sorry that you felt the MIA thread was a "clique type thread". Maybe you misunderstood or you're having a rough day, which we all do sometime or another. I can assure you that it was never meant that way.

I don't post here too often but when I do I am always welcomed and respected just like everyone else. Yes there are some here that have closer relationships than with others, but that is natural, just like in "real life". They have either met before, on another forum or in person, or just hit it off because they have more in common than with some.

This doesn't mean that they aren't concerned with the ones they know only through posting here and if a name has been forgotten from time to time well that's okay too, afterall with so much going on in our lives it's difficult to keep up with everything or everyone. That is why there are threads like MIA on occasion, so that we can all try to catch up with those who we haven't seen post in a while.

There has never been a time when I have felt excluded or offended by anyone or anything on this board. Please don't let this discourage you from posting or getting to know someone here. I know I am so glad and thankful that I have the people here who will listen to me rant, whine, share good times and bad.

Bottom line, everyone honestly cares and is concerned for each other, if they've read one post or a hundred. If this is what a clique is then I'm all for it!

Luv Y'all!

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-06-2008), Bannet (06-05-2008), BaxterTheBunny (06-05-2008), Bets (06-06-2008), Curious (06-05-2008), DM (06-05-2008), Girlie Girl (06-05-2008), karousel (06-05-2008), Koala77 (06-05-2008), mom23angels (06-05-2008), Niko (06-06-2008), SallyC (06-05-2008), SurvivingMSwithHOPE (06-05-2008), tkrik (06-05-2008)

advertisement
Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM #2
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I agree that all here show concern and care for those who post here...there are many, many kind people here who have often given me good advice or just a hug when I seem to need it. I wasn't saying anything negative about posters, and if it came across that way, I apologize.

What I brought up, however incorrectly I did it, was the feeling that there seems to be a close knit group, as is evidenced by the list of MIAs. When I don't post for awhile, I don't see anyone wondering where I've gone. I am not complaining...it's a simple fact that I'm not well-known here.

But I wonder if those of you who do form this tight-knit group understand how posts like that might make those of us in the "outskirts" of the group feel when they see posts like that. I know it's not meant to be unkind or malicious in any way...it just, well, it kind of hurts, I guess. I guess I'm acting kind of oversensitive...sorry.
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-06-2008), SallyC (06-05-2008), sugarboo (06-06-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008), thecatsmeow (06-05-2008)
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Debbie -

I wonder about the people I feel I "know" on this board. I guess I'm not seeing your posts...therefore I don't feel like I know you. I'm pretty wordy, so everyone sees mine. I guess what I'm trying to say, is post more, reach out, share. Then we'll get to know you, form friendships and you'll feel like you belong. I hate to say it but the more you post, the more people will know you and look for your posts!
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-05-2008), Bets (06-06-2008), Kitty (06-06-2008), Koala77 (06-05-2008), SallyC (06-05-2008), SurvivingMSwithHOPE (06-05-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)
Old 06-05-2008, 09:36 PM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I agree with Greta Debbie.

I live in Australia, so I've never met anyone on the site and unfortunately, I probably never will. I do however feel like I've been made to feel welcome, and made to feel like I belong here.

The way that happened for me, was to be brave at the start (I'm actaully quite shy) and reply to posts that others made, post threads of my own, and generally become involved with the issues as they were brought up. Sometimes some-one posts a thread that it totally insane and meant only for letting off steam. I join in sometimes and when I do I have a lot of fun. Replies are not restricted to certain individuals. No-one is made to feel un-welcome.

In saying that, there have occassionally been times where I felt out, where I felt posts had been made that totally excluded me, but I'd have to say that these are in a tiny minority, and even so....this type of thing happens in real life too, not just in cyber life! So far for me it's been occassionally, and very occassionally at that.

This online group is exactly the same as any group that you'd attend in person. You get out of it what you put in.

Welcome to our group Debbie. I hope to see you joining in more.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-05-2008), Bets (06-06-2008), greta (06-05-2008), Kitty (06-06-2008), Natalie8 (06-05-2008), SallyC (06-05-2008), SurvivingMSwithHOPE (06-05-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008), weegot5kiz (06-05-2008)
Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 PM #5
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Welcome to our total clique, Debbie..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SurvivingMSwithHOPE (06-05-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)
Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
I agree that all here show concern and care for those who post here...there are many, many kind people here who have often given me good advice or just a hug when I seem to need it. I wasn't saying anything negative about posters, and if it came across that way, I apologize.

What I brought up, however incorrectly I did it, was the feeling that there seems to be a close knit group, as is evidenced by the list of MIAs. When I don't post for awhile, I don't see anyone wondering where I've gone. I am not complaining...it's a simple fact that I'm not well-known here.

But I wonder if those of you who do form this tight-knit group understand how posts like that might make those of us in the "outskirts" of the group feel when they see posts like that. I know it's not meant to be unkind or malicious in any way...it just, well, it kind of hurts, I guess. I guess I'm acting kind of oversensitive...sorry.
Debbie, I was gone almost 2 months, and I did post to the thread, just joking Cindy. Try to get to know some of us around here. I don't feel there are any cliques. When I'm gone and come back, I am thrilled to see all my freinds I know by name only. I do exchange emails with some here and we do usually stalk each other if someone goes missing.

Send me your email and I will stalk you too! I will tell you there were a few of us that felt this way about "the other place" a long time ago, but I can assure I feel none of that here.

There are people that know each other better than some, because they have been around a lot longer than some of us. I've never been gone 2 months before, but like my mother always says "circumstances alter cases".

I hope I made some sense, it's late Jump in anywhere Debbie and PM me and join the email funny list.

SurvivingMSwithHOPE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 AM #7
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was part of that "other place" too, and I was posting a bit more on that site until...well, until we all came here.
I guess the excuse I use in my head is that I haven't been dxd with MS, and even though I have similar sxs, I don't feel right giving advice anymore. I've been trying to ignore the whole thing, which is why I haven't been doing much more than lurking here lately.
I have learned so much from all of you who have dealt with these sxs for a lot longer than I have, and I feel so grateful to have this site to come to in order to learn to deal with these sxs, especially when they interfere with living my life to the fullest.
So, mea culpa...please forgive me for taking the list the way I did. Sorry!!
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-06-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)
Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Debbie I feel the same way sometimes. I am newer and I don't post a lot but when I do everyone is great! It doesn't matter if you have MS or not. There are plenty of people on here that are in limbo or are caretakers. It doesn't matter. Keep posting! We will get to know you more!

Live, Laugh, Love
Girlie Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (06-06-2008), SallyC (06-06-2008), suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)