The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 04:29 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Just opened up a bottle of wine, come get a glass and vent with me

Tell me whats bugging you or what your worried about.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Here it comes Julie , this isn't gonna be pretty. I miss my mom so much I can't bear to think about her, I'm worried bout filing bankruptcy, my dh is going through roid rage, my gps froze up today (I am panic stricken when I try to drive without it), I'm worried about my sister who won't divorce her alcoholic, drug abusing husband. I feel completely adrift since I can't work anymore. I think I better stop now before I cause a stress induced relapse .

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:35 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
Here it comes Julie , this isn't gonna be pretty. I miss my mom so much I can't bear to think about her, I'm worried bout filing bankruptcy, my dh is going through roid rage, my gps froze up today (I am panic stricken when I try to drive without it), I'm worried about my sister who won't divorce her alcoholic, drug abusing husband. I feel completely adrift since I can't work anymore. I think I better stop now before I cause a stress induced relapse .
Oh goodness honey, that's a lot to worry about. Keep in mind there's only some much you can do and what others end up doing you can't help it or fix it.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

wow

i was gonna whine....... however as usual when i start to complain...
i always seem to be put back in check when i see someone else with more issue's than myself.

could i still hang around and sip some of that wine with ya though?
peachyplane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (06-08-2008), sugarboo (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh JEEZZZEE! I get to vent??? Okay, I'll pop open a beer

My venting is pretty boring though.

I just want to get through school but I can't get focused on it. I spent some time on it today, but its my only day off and I feel some hostility about it. I clocked 68.5 hours this week and get to do it again tomorrow. The check is amazing but still struggleing to get back on our feet. I want time with my family but get very little. Haven't seen my kid in over a week. SHE is at my cabin with all her girlfriends this weekend, enjoying my vacation getaway! LOL! Glad someone is....

We are being robbed of our summer. It has been cloudy everyday. Cloudy here means cold. No sun, no warmth. It hangs in the 50s. I've been paying to get a 'sun tan'.

I can't seem to drop the 20lbs I gained last winter chatting with all of you. Guess I'll starve myself

Compared to every one else....this is piddlyass-stuff. But it is my world....I'm very thankful that I'm getting a break from all the drama life throws our way.

Poor another glass Julie, its going to be a long night

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:19 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyplane View Post
wow

i was gonna whine....... however as usual when i start to complain...
i always seem to be put back in check when i see someone else with more issue's than myself.

could i still hang around and sip some of that wine with ya though?
Oh carp! Whine away Peachy! I don't want to stop people from venting because my life is a bit off kilter right now . It just feels good to get it out no matter what's drivin' ya crazy! Somebody always has worse things happening right? I'm still breathing so it's not all bad .

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:19 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A glass of wine sounds great after the evening I had. All I will say is I spent it with DH's family - while he was at work - and it was a looooong evening!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Oh JEEZZZEE! I get to vent??? Okay, I'll pop open a beer

My venting is pretty boring though.

I just want to get through school but I can't get focused on it. I spent some time on it today, but its my only day off and I feel some hostility about it. I clocked 68.5 hours this week and get to do it again tomorrow. The check is amazing but still struggleing to get back on our feet. I want time with my family but get very little. Haven't seen my kid in over a week. SHE is at my cabin with all her girlfriends this weekend, enjoying my vacation getaway! LOL! Glad someone is....

We are being robbed of our summer. It has been cloudy everyday. Cloudy here means cold. No sun, no warmth. It hangs in the 50s. I've been paying to get a 'sun tan'.

I can't seem to drop the 20lbs I gained last winter chatting with all of you. Guess I'll starve myself

Compared to every one else....this is piddlyass-stuff. But it is my world....I'm very thankful that I'm getting a break from all the drama life throws our way.

Poor another glass Julie, its going to be a long night
Big Hugs for you.
I hear you on the working so much, even tho I don't "work" I seam to be running around like a chicken with-out it's head and I feel like I have been gone from here for 6 months.

We have already seen 100 here so far, I'd love to seen you our sun for a bit because I have seen too much of it

DH is know fully awake so he can watch the kids while go soak in a nice warm bath and try to get rid of this 4 day long headache I have.

BTW seams he toke a valium this morning and that's what knocked him out, he's now saying he doesn't even remember today.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 AM #9
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default You asked for it

My family is a mess and making me crazy.

My elderly mom with post polio syndrome, just had to move out of her house, as a defense to get rid of my drug addicted sister, and her dealer boyfriend. My mom allowed my sis to stay ONE or two nights while b/f was away driving his 18 wheeler (yes, he drives stoned) My sis stayed 3 nights, and the b/f came home, and stayed with her. My mom cried foul, but they refused to leave. Next thing you know, they have set up camp, and the two adult children are living there. All taking showers and using it like a laundry mat, sleeping camp. Strange people coming and going at all hours. Cops were called but since 30 days had gone by, mom asked my sis to stay, and was well aware that she used a change of address form to start getting mail there, the cops said she could prove residency, and court eviction was the only way to move her. Sis cried foul, that man they rented a room from was abusive and tried to kill her, so this was a safe place for her. mom felt sorry for her.

In a drug induced haze, my sister went ER hopping, and one kept her. (she always cries chest pain) they kept her for several days and some dumb bunny surgeon actually hacked open her chest to replace a stent that some other dumb bunny put in. b/f went back out on the road, and my mom SOLD her house while both of them had backs turned and were trapped elsewhere. Then she moved while sis was still in a CCU bed. B/f came back to see his stuff being moved onto the lawn and cried wtf? major hissy fit by sis, and the family she dragged behind her (not one child was actually hers. she abandoned hers long ago) Upon release from hospital, they landed in some ramshackle house in the country with no utilities and appliances and she was abandoned by b/f truck driver to heal. ONly help she had another druggie friend who is just as stoned as she is. The man my sis rented a room from was found dead in bed of a drug overdose. so she cant return there. Not that I will ever know the truth. She is a liar and has the morals of an alley cat.

mom hid at neice house till elderly housing accepted her. Neice is bi polar, and extremely dysfunctional, and stressed mom so bad so had a heart attack and required intervention the very first day she was dumped at her new place. They unloaded her boxes at the door, and left her there in the 100 degree heat. nice! She hired a cousin to drag boxes inside, but no one helped her unpack or would help her go get AC, so down she went.

Bro who hasnt spoken to mom in 20 years because he is too busy beating his bible, and crying about the past, now steps up and takes charge. He and his wife are taking over this family! Other bro who lives 10 hours away refuses to call mom even if she is dying. He is still upset that old lady took in drug addicted sister, and deserves what she gets.

I live far away, and I am normally the one that jumps a plane to go down, and handles, rescues, fixes, nurses, or repairs all sideways transactions after appropriate amounts of time have gone by. Since I am in such a major flair pattern, and go blind now in the heat, I simply am unable to be of any assistance, which is freaking everyone out, and they are calling about 12 times a day to either ask me to send money to help, or come down and fix it.
I am unwilling, and unable to go down there and get in the middle of that. I sent my last care package of money years ago. My bro can take charge all he wants, I am happy to have someone else drive the bus. My sister can just go pound sand. Until she has one year minimium of sobriety behind her, I dont want to hear it. long distance bro...well, I just dont care.

So, I am hiding in the house to escape the brutal heat out there that makes me so sick, but since my phone rings non stop and my voice mail is always full, my santuary isnt my sanctuary anymore. The drama is starting to die down now that mom is home from hospital. I did hire someone to put in an AC that I bought. I paid cousin to unpack mom and set up furniture for her. Phone is not crying as often, but I am exhausted from the drama.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
My family is a mess and making me crazy.

My elderly mom with post polio syndrome, just had to move out of her house, as a defense to get rid of my drug addicted sister, and her dealer boyfriend. My mom allowed my sis to stay ONE or two nights while b/f was away driving his 18 wheeler (yes, he drives stoned) My sis stayed 3 nights, and the b/f came home, and stayed with her. My mom cried foul, but they refused to leave. Next thing you know, they have set up camp, and the two adult children are living there. All taking showers and using it like a laundry mat, sleeping camp. Strange people coming and going at all hours. Cops were called but since 30 days had gone by, mom asked my sis to stay, and was well aware that she used a change of address form to start getting mail there, the cops said she could prove residency, and court eviction was the only way to move her. Sis cried foul, that man they rented a room from was abusive and tried to kill her, so this was a safe place for her. mom felt sorry for her.

In a drug induced haze, my sister went ER hopping, and one kept her. (she always cries chest pain) they kept her for several days and some dumb bunny surgeon actually hacked open her chest to replace a stent that some other dumb bunny put in. b/f went back out on the road, and my mom SOLD her house while both of them had backs turned and were trapped elsewhere. Then she moved while sis was still in a CCU bed. B/f came back to see his stuff being moved onto the lawn and cried wtf? major hissy fit by sis, and the family she dragged behind her (not one child was actually hers. she abandoned hers long ago) Upon release from hospital, they landed in some ramshackle house in the country with no utilities and appliances and she was abandoned by b/f truck driver to heal. ONly help she had another druggie friend who is just as stoned as she is. The man my sis rented a room from was found dead in bed of a drug overdose. so she cant return there. Not that I will ever know the truth. She is a liar and has the morals of an alley cat.

mom hid at neice house till elderly housing accepted her. Neice is bi polar, and extremely dysfunctional, and stressed mom so bad so had a heart attack and required intervention the very first day she was dumped at her new place. They unloaded her boxes at the door, and left her there in the 100 degree heat. nice! She hired a cousin to drag boxes inside, but no one helped her unpack or would help her go get AC, so down she went.

Bro who hasnt spoken to mom in 20 years because he is too busy beating his bible, and crying about the past, now steps up and takes charge. He and his wife are taking over this family! Other bro who lives 10 hours away refuses to call mom even if she is dying. He is still upset that old lady took in drug addicted sister, and deserves what she gets.

I live far away, and I am normally the one that jumps a plane to go down, and handles, rescues, fixes, nurses, or repairs all sideways transactions after appropriate amounts of time have gone by. Since I am in such a major flair pattern, and go blind now in the heat, I simply am unable to be of any assistance, which is freaking everyone out, and they are calling about 12 times a day to either ask me to send money to help, or come down and fix it.
I am unwilling, and unable to go down there and get in the middle of that. I sent my last care package of money years ago. My bro can take charge all he wants, I am happy to have someone else drive the bus. My sister can just go pound sand. Until she has one year minimium of sobriety behind her, I dont want to hear it. long distance bro...well, I just dont care.

So, I am hiding in the house to escape the brutal heat out there that makes me so sick, but since my phone rings non stop and my voice mail is always full, my santuary isnt my sanctuary anymore. The drama is starting to die down now that mom is home from hospital. I did hire someone to put in an AC that I bought. I paid cousin to unpack mom and set up furniture for her. Phone is not crying as often, but I am exhausted from the drama.
Wow Dejibo,
I'm so sorry to hear all this.