Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused C5,6,7, herniated, unequal pupils, confusion

Hi all, I am new here, looking for awnsers or others like me. I was diagnosed with c5,6,7 herniated in my neck. I had sever boughts of dizzyness where the room would spin & I couldnt walk, those have slowly tappered off to about 1 everyother month since 2002. In 2005 I noticed my left pupil upon waking slightly larger than the other, It would slowly go away after serveral hours. I have learned to live with this all. Now over the past 6 months I have had little bouts of confusion and feeling strange. I can say my name , bitrhdays or any question asked to me, but I will studder or slur a word here or there. But i seem shaky inside & just not feeling myself in my head, it feels like I am slipping away, but I am aware of everything. I just know I dont feel right. I notice right away when it passes and it scares the crap out of me. It has happened 4 times now this last time on & off a couple times a day for 4 days. I have even went into th ER & had complete blood work up & all was fine. I belive it leads back to myneck. I have had tons of MRI's. THey will not do surgery because I am in 4th stage kidney failure. I dont think I would want it anyways.
Has anyone ever had any of these symptoms, felt this way at all...am I all alone like this
ANybody????

Thanks
storm1688 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

First of all, Welcome to NeuroTalk, Storm! Glad you found us!

Sorry for your strange symptoms. The only time I've experienced unequal pupils was when I used eyedrops in one eye and not the other. It does give you a weird feeling, and with the other stuff you've got going, I certainly don't blame you for feeling scared.

Hopefully you will get some helpful input from the knowledgable folks around here.

When you get feeling better, I hope you'll take a look around NT. Jump in anywhere and make yourself at home! Hugs to you!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Have you been assessed by a neurologist? I had a case of uneven pupils (they called it an afferent pupillary defect), and was first sent for a brain and orbit MRI, and then on to the neurologist. I'd recommend telling your primary doctor about all your symptoms, and then get a referral to a neurologist.

Good luck
Kay
supernova_krose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:04 PM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova_krose View Post
Have you been assessed by a neurologist? I had a case of uneven pupils (they called it an afferent pupillary defect),......... I'd recommend telling your primary doctor about all your symptoms, and then get a referral to a neurologist.....
I'm one hundred percent with Kay here Storm1688. Unequal pupils nearly always relates to a neurological condition of some kind and let's face it, confusion is never normal under any conditions. Your symptoms are ones that a neurologist should be checking out sooner, rather than later.

I'm sorry to hear about your renal failure. It must be hard enough to have all this on your mind with out having to think about your kidneys as well.

Do get a referral to a Neuro, and let us know how you get on.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote