advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 08:21 AM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Cool And now for more Limbo - OPEN BAR!

Just so ya know, I'm not really drinking that much it just FEELS like I am. I guess I may as well be, since I'm walking like this anyway.

I'm in some sort of flare and feel like deep dish sheep dip - stiff, achey, fatigued to the point Iall I can do is lay on the couch and catch up on all the antics on Deadliest Catch (not that I mind that, I'm addicted to that show! LOL).

If the weather would clear up that would help. Supposed to rain the rest of the week. Haven't been able to snag one healing ray of sun in so long... I think that may be part of my problem.

Still, hafta get some cleaning done, cuz the baby comes tomorrow. Gotta keep up on the laundry. Got the dogs bathed Monday and gave them their flea drops and heartworm pills yesterday - mean ol' Ozzy bit me when I tried giving him his pill. That's weird, he always liked pills.

I've probably had about 40 dogs, given them all pills never been bit before, and here I get bit by the smallest one of them. He's lucky I didn't bite him back.

Well gang, Raoule is waiting to take your drink order so I won't hold you up any longer.

Twinkletoes (06-25-2008)

advertisement
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM #2
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

[B]Hey everyone...wherever you are...
I didn't check in last week...busy with in laws' dr. appts., and we went up to the northwoods of Wis. last weekend, so I needed to get ready for that.

Had another scare with my golden retriever, Sanford, who's nine, after we got home on Monday. He gets all stressed out coming home from the cabin. He ended up with bloat again, and we had to rush him to the vet emergency care, where they get all of the bubbles out and stabilize him. He was near death when we got there, and we had to decide whether or not to put him down. He went through this last year, and survived. They had recommended that we have his stomach tacked to his ribs last year, but our vet didn't recommend it. I guess the emergency vet was right.

We decided to go ahead with the surgery, so he's doing well this morning, and I'm scheduled to pick him up tonight.
It's so hard when you get so attached to an animal. He is so devoted to me; he follows me around everywhere. I wasn't ready to let him go.

So now, after the danger has passed, I am feeling awful. I had a major IBS attack last night, and I'm still feeling sick. I'm going to take it easy this morning and hope that I feel better later.

Also, I've been experiencing this stiffness in my left back again. It feels as if I have a racquetball stuck there at about the 10th rib. I can't tell if it's muscle stiffness, or if it's under the rib. Bugs the he@# out of me.

And what's with this stupid tingling in my right arm now??? I can't figure out if it's a pressed nerve in my neck, or in my elbow. It comes and goes, and it doesn't matter what position I'm in. I'm worried I'll lose sensation in my hand and arm if it continues.

Well, I don't think I'll join you in drinking today, Brain. So sorry you're not feeling well. You were doing so well for awhile. Take care of yourself!!

See you all next week...some hot tea and toast for me, please!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Aw Deb, sorry about Sanford.

Give him a gentle hug for me, okay? I think you did the right thing, having the surgery. I feel that when you know them as well as you know him, you can tell when they're ready to *go*. He'll let you know when he's had enough. They're tough, and they're willing to fight through a whole lot to keep on being with you, their best buddy.

They can sense when they are just not going to make it. I know you are going to know when that time comes and it has not come yet.

Here's to his speedy recovery and many years of health.

Now you rest up. That's so stressful.
Feel better soon.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brain- I hope you start feeling back up to snuff again really quickly. Gentl hugs being sent your direction (along with a frilly cocktail from that cute guy at the bar). All that and you got nipped... what a rotten day! I would have bitten the little furball back (well, maybe not since you were shoving a pill at him ha ha)

Debbie- So sorry to hear about your pup! Tyler (my gold ret wonder dog) is putting his paws together in prayer that all turns out fine and he is soon back to romping around and wagging his tail. Better play the lotto because we all know the ER vets aren't exactly cheap. Ouch!

Hope you start feeling better too! What is going on - is i symptom act up time around here? My body is not cooperating either. My legs are tight and my left arm is hurting for several days. Kind of like a spasm of burning that won't go away. I swear I am about to call the doc but really don't want to. We all know they will say the same old thing: come in, x rays, diagnose inflamation and give me Rx for something stupid like Motrin and suggest an MRI (cant afford that on Medicare) Ahem, excuse me doc I have done all this at home and I am in pain. I don't expect you to cure me, but I do expect you to treat the source of my pain. OK, rant over. I just wish I could find a position where it lets up a little.

Between the legs and crutches and now this arm thing I am not thrilled about getting off my butt for anything. So please put a straw in my drink. Bartender I would like to order 3 tequilla sunsets please (really, only one is for me and one for my um... friends)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Morning all.Well i made it though a weekend pain,you know the kind that feels like your a voodoo doll and someone is sticking large needles in you.It seems to calm down for now
Other than that life goes on.Have a Good Day ALL,Cheers
btw bartender a couple of pints of Guinness please
McGimpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:34 PM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

That's funny... I was thinking there was a voodoo doll too.

Whoever has it better be careful if I find out. I can do voodoo too.

Feelingcapry is bad enough - I could deal with that if that's all it was. But stuff that has to get done is piling up. (Mt St Laundry awaits). And the family acts like my illness is harder on them than it is on me. Plus of course their lives are so much harder than mine to begin with because they go OUT to work and what do I do? I just stay home. (she said sarcastically)

They're all gonna end up in my novel, "It Takes a Village to Raise an Idiot"

Hafta get at that. The four hour nap I took today seriously cut into my writing today.
McGimpy (06-25-2008)
Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OK Brain you write the novel and I'll make it into a Rock Opera
McGimpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Sorry Brain you are not up to LIFE as you know it.
Dang... hope your GD cheers you up but does not wear you out too much.

Debbie where in Wisconsin do you go again? Hope your back heals up soon.

Jp and McGimpy... feel better soon.

I had a very emotional weekend with my nearly 25yo. son's wedding. Everything was fine, he came down the aisle to take ME to my pew and we laughed and smiled along the way. Then he hugged me tight and told me he loved me... and dang the tears started to flow.

Then during the ceremony I started thinking of all we've been through, poverty, single parenting, his dad threatening to kidnap him from me for years.

You see he is the result of a drunken rape by his dad. So..again the tears were pouring out to the point I was SOBBING !! After all, his first sentence at 2.5 yo, after delayed speech, was "dont "kie" mommie."

OK ok I get it together but by now I Look like Tammy Faye Baker with mascara running amuk. So at the reception, for a surprise, he picked a Beatle song ( for the love of me I cannot remember which one) and we dance a "mother-son" dance. Didn't know they did such a thing. WE laugh and smiles and he just looks down at me and again tells me "thank you mom" and "I love you" over and over....whaa whaaa... whaaaaa...see?

THe rain was threatening but cleared for the whole day! Beautiful, every thing turned out so wonderfully.

BUT..I developed an infection in my ear that of course was worse on Sunday to the point I could not open my jaw!!! My ear canal was swollen shut that I had to have a stint put in to get the ear drops in. AND I am on prednisone for the swelling so I am wired !!!

But glad... happy... content. My ear is healing.

Be well folks, and soon...

much love, Jan
Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM #9
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Jan--isn't it so embarrassing when we cry at our son's wedding? I'm glad you had good weather and that it was a wonderful celebration. He sounds like he turned out to be a source of pride and love for you.

My in laws have a cabin about 30 miles west of Hayward...it's on a nice lake. We've pretty much taken it over now, since they can't drive anymore. We'll inherit it eventually. It's a lot of work keeping it up, but it's a great place for the family to get together.

Why are we all experiencing things? Is it the heat? Or stress? Hmmmm, I think the voodoo doll theory might be plausible

Got Sanford home yesterday...he's doped up from a Fentinol patch, but he's still moaning occasionally. His back legs aren't working too well, but the vet thinks the emergency vets might have "rolled" his hips in order to get the bloat down. He's eating a lot, and seems to want to take a walk, but it's no go until we get permission.

It's great to have him home!!