Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In June 29-July 5

Hi Everyone..I figured that I would kick off the thread this week

Not a whole lot going on..exciting anyway..My diabetic cat doesnt seem to be doing too good..She had a seizure a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I was going to lose her..Her appitite isnt very good, and she walks like an old cat in her senior years..She is 8 yrs old

I havent been feeling too good..Ive been going out fishing about once a week, because it really beats me up now..Im achey for 3 days afterward..Ive definately progressed all of a sudden, and dont feel energized when I get up in the morning anymore..I added another Sinemet CR 50/200 daily, and I dont feel a whole lot better because of it..Symptoms seem to change as time passes..Some improve, some get worse, and others appear in new places..Ive been really having a problem with anxiety, that comes on at random, and I lack motivation big time..But I get my butt out doing things because I always feel better for it afterward

At my support group this morning we had Dr Friedman speaking about non motor symptoms of pd..Anxiety, depression, apathy, etc, and I got a good education on it

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Steve ...

good to see this thread back.

We have been doing the rounds of universities this wek, looking at the various schools with my eldest and we got to visit Oxford University. The college she is interested in is Balliol which traces its history back to 1250 and claims to be the oldest college in the world. It was magnificent, the great hall where functions are held was stunning, like "Harry Potter", surrounded by pictures of Prime Ministers who had attended the college.

God knows how we will pay for it if she gets in !!

We completed our purchase of a place by the sea in Cornwall last week after 12 weeks of trying. I really like the idea of selling up and moving to the sea, my wife wants to keep a base in Evesham. My master plan is to use the small place we have bought in Cornwall as a testing ground and if in a year we really like Cornwall then I can better persuade her to sell up. We shall see.

PD is still there, waiting for a cure. Tremor is worse when off, but staying as healthy as I can by regular exercise, 5 times a week in the gym, 2 weight sessions, 3 cardio. I am convinced it helps.

Take care,
Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hellp Steve I see you are still doing the weekly check-in so I thought I would check-in for a change. As you have probably noticed I haven't been posting as much as I had a few years ago but I still check in almost everyday to see how everyone is doing. I moved on May 1st to a small bungalow, much easier to maintain and now I don't have to have tennants to help pay for the mortgage. I have been doing some renovations, trying to make it feel like my own. There have been lots of ups and downs of course but over all I am still keeping up . Yes I have progressed and it is noticable but I am trying to keep the meds at as low a dose as I can tolerate. I was starting to get side effects from the Sinemet when I increased over the winter. So I have cut back and I am doing much better. Its a fine line between over medicated and undermedicated. Still single and dating, sometimes I think I should give it up, it seems to cause me a lot of stress at times. Living alone is easier on my P.D. but it is also lonely at times. Always seem to be trying to find that balance.
Yes the non motor symptoms of P.D. can be worse than the physical ones at times. I have had my share of depression and anxiety and I know what you are talking about. Exercise, fresh air, sunshine and getting out with friends and family all help a lot. Hope you are feeling better.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I've checked in. So I thought now was a good time as ever. I've had some progression but haven't we all. Lately, I just don't want to do anymore than I have to. I'm taking Paxil so I don't think it's depression bothering me. It seems like the more I do the worse my body aches. I still try to get my excersise in daily but it is becoming harder to do.

Steve, I hope your poor cat gets better.

GregD
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I've checked in. So I thought now was a good time as ever. I've had some progression but haven't we all. Lately, I just don't want to do anymore than I have to. I'm taking Paxil so I don't think it's depression bothering me. It seems like the more I do the worse my body aches. I still try to get my excersise in daily but it is becoming harder to do.

Steve, I hope your poor cat gets better.

GregD
That kinda describes what Im going through..I lack motovation, and ache after any physical activity..Fishing is a real challenge now
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey all...

Long time since I checked in. I check the board every day but have somehow gotten away from posting. I appreciate the weekly check in and truly like hearing how everyone is doing. I'm going to make a concentrated effort to contribute more regularly and I hope everyone else does as well. I believe doing so not only helps us individually, but also helps those that lurk too!

Let's see...my beautiful new car got rear ended a few months ago by some idiot yapping on his cell phone. (Today California's cell phone law goes into effect...get caught talking on your cell while driving and get fined.) The damage to the car was thankfully minimal, but now I have a buzzing/rattling somewhere in the car that drives me nuts. My baby is damaged and she will never be the same and that makes me angry!

On top of it all, I got a good case of whiplash on the left side of my neck that PT has been working on for months and it still hurts like a SOB. I get dystonia on the right side of my neck, so my poor head doesn't know which way to bend. Ouch! So I had to get an attorney and the fight begins. More stress! Yay!

Other than that, life is good. We've been dealing with a massive heat wave, with temps around 107 for along time. It's just now cooling down to the low 90's. I like the heat but when it gets this hot, it really drains you, and with having PD, that's just not good. It just makes me want to sleep all the time.

It's funny that you all are talking about not being motivated to do things. I've been dealing with the same issue as well. Things I would normally do without even thinking about it have suddenly become these major ordeals that take all my time, concentration, and effort. IF I feel like doing them at all! When you're trying to run a business, this is most definitely not a good thing. Damn apathy! I guess all you can do is continue to fight...

Have a great July 4th! Just don't blow yourself up playing with those fireworks, don't eat too much at the BBQ, and do your best to have a good week!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Todd...

Good to hear from you..Sorry to hear about your car..I was on the highway tonight, and the guy in front of me almost got run off the road by the guy on the side of him..And when I passed the jerk, he had a cell phone in his hand..He must have just gotten of the thing..I wish they would pass that law here in R.I.