advertisement

Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM #1
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Confused My Copaxone froze!

We had a bad windstorm on friday, and the power was knocked out overnight, and came back on yesterday.

I just went to get out some more needles for my shots this week. The box that they come in was frozen to the shelf in the fridge, and when I took out a layer of needles, several of them were frozen, one was cracked, and leaking. I forgot to check the rest of the box...I'll have to go look again in minute.

I'm guessing that the ice that's in the freezer of my mini-fridge must have kept everything cool, just a lot too cool. I've never had a problem with it before.

I guess I've got to call SS and find out what to do and if I need to get a new box. Maybe next time our power is out I'm going to take them out of the fridge instead of leaving them in there to stay cool.

Guess I have to wait till morning to call SS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 PM #2
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It's my understanding that if and when they freeze you don't use them. You can get another box.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 PM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Yeah, that's what I was guessing. I tried to call SS and the pharmacy that sends me the C, but since it's a weekend, they're not there. I have to wait till tomorrow to call. I have 2 syringes that werent in the fridge. So, I guess I use one tonight and one tomorrow and then my skin gets a break for a few days until they can send me a new box.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Old 06-29-2008, 08:43 PM #4
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
Yeah, that's what I was guessing. I tried to call SS and the pharmacy that sends me the C, but since it's a weekend, they're not there. I have to wait till tomorrow to call. I have 2 syringes that werent in the fridge. So, I guess I use one tonight and one tomorrow and then my skin gets a break for a few days until they can send me a new box.
Sounds like a good plan to me. I don't know who fills your prescriptions but Curascript is quick.

BTW - The skin on my thighs are on permanent vacation. Far too many site reactions there and I gave up on being a thigh shooter.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:59 PM #5
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

sorry erin.
that's the right advice. don't use them.

the current information now is that they can stay out of the fridge for 30 days.

good luck getting replacements.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:59 PM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
sorry erin.
that's the right advice. don't use them.

the current information now is that they can stay out of the fridge for 30 days.

good luck getting replacements.
I'll probably just start taking more of it out of the fridge to warm up once I get a new box. I usually just take one layer of syringes out of the box. I keep the syringes in their packaging, but take the layer apart, so that I can set them in a glass on my jewelry box so that the air bubbles will float to the back end of the syringe.

In a way I'm a bit annoyed that I have to get replacements for this box, but since I have to wait a few days probably for them to get them out, that means I'm getting a little break from the needles, even if it's just a few days. I'm not all that annoyed then.

I was just surprised when I tried to pick the box up off the shelf of the fridge, and it was frozen to the glass shelf. I'm going to have to take that shelf out and wash it off, since I think that was frozen Copaxone that was holding it down.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 PM #7
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

yeah its no good frozen, and should be kept from direct light, so what shut the ice box door, like no duh, thats what i ws told last time I ordered last week

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote