Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 PM #1
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Confused All i want is to feel like im 22 not 82!!!!

Hello All,
My name is Brittany and im 22 yrs old and i need some advice and hopefully learn some new things. Here's my story.
In Aug 2007 i had MRI of lumbar spine. Found out i have 5 herniated disc, bone degenerative disease in L4-L5 and L5-S1 and the start of ostheoarthritis. Went to neurosurgeon, had a horrible experience with doctor, and he ordered pain management and PT. Well i did the PT and it made me to where i couldnt barely walk afterwards and was also doing pain management with epideral steriods injections at both levels, and nothing seemed to relieve pain but it all made it worse. I went and seen another neurosurgeon after the PT and pain management doctors released me b/c there was nothing else they could do for me and surgery was my only option.
Well I went and met the doctor and he was so helpful and said after the micro-disectomy i will feel 100 times better {WRONG} He said hes done over 2000 surgeries and 90% of his patients walk away better. Well i guess i was that 10% b/c the pain is EVERYWHERE NOW! I had surgery Jan 2 2008 and while in the hospital i was on some bacterial medications and had a reaction to it, it almost ruptured my left heel, but every since then the pain is still there. The day after i was released i was back in ER with pains in left leg and couldnt walk, they gave me some steriods and the pain seemed to go away but with my 12 weeks follow i was already falling apart.
I told the doctor that the pain went from my right leg to the left exactly 1 month after surgery and was still experiencing extreme pain in lower back. I was also experiencing really bad pain in neck, mid back, arms, legs, lower back. So he disabled me and ordered more PT and suggested i get MRI of neck and lower spine again.
Well to make matters worse, the day before my surgery, my father had cancelled my insurance without my knowledge and i did the surgery, now im in debt lots of money. So now no insurance, in lots of debt, owe doctors money. I went and got county health help and the treatment is horrible from private health insurance. I had to get all new doctors and now they all look at me like im crazy bc im 22 and have a WHOLE MESS of health problems on top of spinal problems. Well i dealt with alot of crap for awhile, got new MRI's and heres where i need some advice.
My new MRI's of lumbar spine shows that the disc he did surgery on are still herniated, L4-L5 is herniated to left, and L5-S1 is herniated to right covering siatic nerve root. There are tears in my disc? Along with the degenerative disc disease at those levels as well. The cervical spine shows a bulging disc at C6 and my spine is straight instead of curve.
Well when i went to doctor who did surgery walked in and said "Hi how are you doing? Everything should be great" Well its not, i started asking questions about MRI reports and he was avoiding certain questions. He said that all he seen was some scar tissue on the right side but nothing else looks wrong..................well what about the MRI report.......the disc tears?? the 2 disc he did surgery on, and theres nothing wrong with them???? He said i should be experiencing the pain in lower back bc the disease but he cant explain why im experiencing the rest of pain. I started crying bc NO ONE WILL HELP ME, NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHAT THE REST OF MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE LIKE, I FEEL HELPLESS!!!!! Then the doctor wouldnt even look at me or speak to me, he spoke to my mom. Im the patient, im an adult, just bc i start crying he couldnt speak to me. He told me the only option left is Fusion surgery and to find another surgeon bc he wouldnt touch me with that surgery. I felt like bc i owed there office money i wasnt getting the normal treatment, i noticed the change, i dont know really, and i know is he was rude like there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. He disabled me and hasnt released me to work yet, but theres nothing wrong with me.
Im so scared to be honest with you all reading this. I dont know how i got such a bad spine bc i didnt do anything differently than any other kid did and i have the back of a 60 year old woman. I have alot of questions that i would like answered but no doctor gives me the time of the day, so im reaching out to a forum.
Im applying for disability but i would like to know whats in my future, do you think i should go and spend $500 on a consultation to see a doctor to read my MRI's, pain medication is becoming problems with health {already got gastritis from vikadons}

Oh yea, i've been calling spine doctors and pain management doctors for consultation and there calling me a HIGH RISK patient bc i just had surgery, why is that?

Inculding the 3 problems with spine i have diabetes type 2, endometrirosis, TMJ, gastrisis, anxiety, depression. All i want is to feel like im 22 not 82!!!!
blondiebnc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement