advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 AM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default limbo check in 7/16

Hi gang!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but the isp has been out. Came on for a bit yesterday but it's killer on my neck and back to sit here too long even with a break every few minutes.

Picked up the med my doc called in for me but haven't tried it yet. It's Lodine, another NSAID.

I'm concerned about the warnings - not the normal side effects but the risks of stroke/heart attack. It has a lot of "if you ___ talk to your dr before taking this med, or do NOT take this drug".

So I will talk to my doc because all the stuff it warns about pertains to me.

I wonder how many people don't even bother to read those warnings and if they do, don't follow them. Scary.

It's not worth that kind of problem for an advil, ya know?

I appreciate that they're attempting to help me, but I don't feel that they understand the scope of my pain problem.

Anyhoo....

So Jan, what's the scoop with your job? How are you all holding up in the heat?

(me, I love it. Hanging at the pool if you wanna join me! )

Oh and good news, BOTH my kids will be going to college! DD is studying to be a Japanese interpretor and ds is taking courses to get (eventually) a promotion at work.

Ds got a Pella grant that will pay all his fees except books, which is rally good news! How proud am I?

advertisement
Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Morning All. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Brain i do hope you are getting better,and Congrats with the kids and college.
Until next week Cheers
McGimpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good morning folks ~!

Dang Brain, that med, Lodine comes with a punch eh? I would be so scared to take it. If its that dangerous it should stop all pain ya think? I'd ask around here if anyone else has used it ...yes??

I am on vacation a few days before I start my new job in a week. I have swollen glands (one of the twin babies was sick and the other had a runny nose)...teething 1yr molars?? So I didnt sleep much last night but its ok. Whaaa whaaa...I will be ok LOL

Its hot out but where I am staying, (ON the beach of Lake Michigan) there is fog and so cool I had to go out and buy a parka !! Went to a Walmart in another town and it was so hot there.. Dang I forgot to bring my jacket.

So Brain, can you go in your pool ok? What CAN you do? Hope you start to feel better.

I had very emotional, touching goodbyes at my job. People, really appreciated me I guess. But when in on Monday for "pictures" with my co workers and saw that my manager had immediately taken my name off the door. And no one is going into my old office yet. AND that nasty supervisor will be audio taping my good friend who also is trying to get out of there. They are truly MEAN to her.

I'll be ok... hope I stay well. I just need to rest.
Aaahhh.. the fog is lifting...

Talk soon....gotta love this wireless. Helps to "talk to you all" as I am by myself.

Jan

Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:33 PM #4
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Where did all the limbolanders head off to? Are they all healed? I want what they got then!

Brain, it's something else, what you've been experiencing...I hope and truly pray that there's something that can help you safely diminish the pain and discomfort. Kudos on your kids and school...I see buttons popping all over the place!

Jan, try your best to relax and breathe deeply...enjoy the time off before jumping into your new job... try your best to let go of what you experienced at the old one...and good luck!

The fatigue that had plagued me for about a month has finally loosed its grip, and I've been exercising and walking my healing dog again...now if only I could get ride of the tingling in my arm and get my food to stop dragging, I'd be pretty good...it's blasted hot out, which makes my sweat glands work overtime (lost control of those about 2 months ago...maybe a new sx?).

Take care and keep cool (or warm, where Jan is concerned). See you next week!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My dear Brain I forgot to congratulate you on your children doing so well, getting into college, getting further ahead and a PELL grant.. YIPPEE!!!!

If its true our bodies are talking to us, what do you think they are trying to tell us? What changes do we need to make? Align our MIND BODY AND SOULS...

And Debbie, need not worry. As soon as I knew I was leaving, I was already relaxed and letting go. I simply enjoyed my darling co workers and my patients. The patients alone made it all worth it. AND one of my fav doctors was the ONLY one who stood up for me, trying to get me to stay, not knowing how badly things were for me and others working there.

When I am on vacation I make these little micro tapes, reflecting on my life. It will be a nice legacy. I did this taping with my visits with my dad before he passed. Its a treasure now.

YESSS where are all the limbolanders??? Back on Ms World??

Where has everyone gone???

Jan
Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:56 PM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Jan,
Great idea with the recorder...my DH and I want to videotape his mom and dad...they have some great stories to tell about when they were young.
Glad that someone stood up for you!!

Boy, my spelling was carppy on my post...guess the heat got to me more than I thought this afternoon.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 PM #7
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

here but late...what a surprise..hahahhaa

Wednesday, I went for a hour massage..and it does wonders for me..wish insurance would cover...but didnt work hehe

I am gonna make it a must to do once a month..even by scraping to afford it....as it helps...

doing Ok....struggling some with humidity and heat...hubby even was online looking up cooling vests and that idea....he is a doll....

hope this late entry finds everyone smiling, happy limbo..limbo..limbo...where are the margeritas...mmmmm, sarah
sabimax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote