advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Just gotta let it out! (vent/rant)

Never mind me...just have to scream for a minute!

I have had terrible vertigo this week, sometimes worse than others. Sitting in a chair, I move my head and I feel like I'm gonna fall to the floor. I couldn't walk any more staggered if I was drunk, start out in a straight line to somewhere and end up way off (ya know what I mean)

My vent/rant is that I have called MS clinic where I go twice this week only to get a voice mail...I leave all the information and why I'm calling, no reply. Today I finally get a human to answer the phone. I think yeah I'm making progress! Wrong! Transfered to the nurse, except....not exactly...I get the nurses voice mail instead...so again I leave a message, all the info. making sure to tell her that I really need something for the vertigo and the pain I'm having in my feet and right leg. That was almost 4 hours ago!

I realize that I'm not the only patient but geesh! What am I supposed to do? Wait it out, fall and really get hurt so I have to go to the ER? Sorry but this just really ticks me off.

Whew!! Ok better now that that's out! Thanks for letting me vent/rant whatever ya wanna call it. lol

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 PM #2
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It seems to be the norm doesn't it? When we call Jim's new urologist I speak to the receptionist first. She then takes the message and sends it to the nurse. Then the nurse calls and says she'll message the doctor. Then we wait to hear back from her if at all or the doctor which is usually a few days.

If it's not a major concern I give that time to them. If it's something that needs immediate attention I call and call until they are sick of me and finally call back. lol In their defense we have made some progress though. We were new and they needed to get to know us and realize Jim's condition warranted special handling and quicker responses due to his past kidney issues.

So, call them back and keep calling. If they are closed, ask for the on call doctor. Do this until you hear from them because your right, if you fall and split your head open or break a bone that would not be good at all. Jim fell once by missing a step, he lost his balance. He ended up with a compound fracture of the elbow. OUCH!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You're right Sandy, call the drs. office and you get passed around and put on hold or voice mail. Like I said before I realize I'm not the only patient but if someone is calling because there is a problem you'd think they'd make the effort to call back.

well the nurse called...she's going to give the on call dr. my chart and information as to what's going on and have him call me...when i dunno lol but it's a start!

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

Last edited by suzyqz_2007; 07-17-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: had to add to it
suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (07-17-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM #4
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My neuro is better at getting back to me than any of my other doctors have ever been. I just call the office, give a message to the receptionist, and my neuro personally calls me back within a few hours. (but, then, he's like a million years old, and is probably semi-retired and has all sorts of time to call patients back)

I love that he calls me back personally, because then I can tell him directly what I want, and dont have to worry that the message will get misunderstood by the nurse.

There have been a few times that I called his office and he was away for a week, but even then, one of the other neuros will call me. (the actual neuros, not their nurses, if they even have one working for them)

My regular doctor tho, will have his nurses call me back when I leave messages for him, and his nurses are RUDE. I had one yell at me once when I asked her a question about something.

Hopefully you can get thru to your neuro soon, because vertigo is just one of those symptoms that the MS hits you with that is probably the most unbearable. Hopefully they'll at least call you in a Rx for an anti-emetic (anti-dizzy/nausea drug)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (07-17-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 07:43 PM #5
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Erin, Jim's spinal cord doctor is like that. We love him to death! He calls immediately no matter what time. He gave us his beeper number to call him anytime, anywhere. Of course we are respectful and never call him off duty unless it's very urgent. He even tells me to call him when we are on vacation. lol

Get this. We found out a couple of years ago that our kids went to the same high school and graduated at the same time. We saw him at the graduation and he insisted on pictures. lol
suzyqz_2007 (07-17-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 07:51 PM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I hear you Suz and here's a big primal scream from me for Ya.....

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (07-17-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 PM #7
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

(((Suzy))) I feel for you. DD16 just went through something similar only she couldn't even move her head and had blurred vision as well. I did take her to the ER and there they gave her Valium and a drug that you can get over the counter, Antivert (similar to Dramamine). It worked well for her.

I do hope that you get a call back soon and start feeling better.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (07-17-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 AM #8
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Erin, Jim's spinal cord doctor is like that. We love him to death! He calls immediately no matter what time. He gave us his beeper number to call him anytime, anywhere. Of course we are respectful and never call him off duty unless it's very urgent. He even tells me to call him when we are on vacation. lol

Get this. We found out a couple of years ago that our kids went to the same high school and graduated at the same time. We saw him at the graduation and he insisted on pictures. lol
My neuro is old (one of the diploma's on his wall is dated 1948!) and I'm terrified that he's going to die or something one of these days, and I'll be freaked out because I'll have to find a new neuro and I'm scared I wont get one that's as nice as he is.

If I could find the Fountain of Youth and get my neuro a glass of water from it, I would.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 08:51 AM #9
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh I know Erin! I already told Dr. Babu that if he retires or transfers we are going with him! Seriously.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM #10
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i don't get call back too quick from my neuro either.
it's usually 24-48 hrs.

i do however, have quick access to my pcp. i may have to wait til the end of office hrs but usually get a call back the same day.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote