Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Symptoms

Got a question about symptoms? I’ve been dx for about 4.5 years at 42 years young. Tremor in left hand and weak left leg is what got things rolling in the PD world for me. Currently take Stalevo, Requip in place of the patch, and Azilect. Trying to be more like my East TN neighbor, reverett123 and push away big pharma but I find it a slow process to find what and how much supps to take. Anyway I know we all are different and our PD symptoms can vary widely, but I need to know if anyone has as a symptom of PD their chest feeling tight. Sometimes the tightness goes into the abdomen or around the ribcage. I know you’re thinking get to the hospital heart attack is coming. I did have an EKG this week and blood work and given a clean bill of heart health.(Did an 11 mile hike last Fri in the mountains and felt good as well) I thought it might be side effects from Stalevo and stopped taking it. My neuro is not sure and I haven’t seen him yet in person for a check.
I value the wealth of knowledge and PD experience on this forum as a sound source for information and I appreciate any input.
ScottSuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default abdominal pain

Hi Scott,

I have had muscular pain in my abdominals off and (mostly) on for the last 8 months. It does get worse after exercise. Sometimes it makes my chest tight too. Since it feels like the pain I experience elswhere, I've marked it up to the PD. I'm only taking mirapex (and some supplements) at this point. No heart attacks yet...
grant r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ScottSuff (07-25-2008)
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Scott..

A lot of us get that. WE assume that it's rigidity of the muscles used in breathing, especially the diaphragm. When i first got it one night, i freaked out becaus ei thought the intense shortness of breath was due to CPOD (cardiopulmonary obstructive disorder). Watch this, several years later after noticing this, i spent some time in hospital with pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in the lungs); which i think were brought on by too much physical activity over a short period of time, after spending an inordinate time in bed.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ScottSuff (07-25-2008)
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That was one of my early complaints. I mentioned it to my manager because we were using a strapping tool for some bundles and skids. I felt as though someone had put one of the metal bands around by chest.

It comes and goes now, but is mostly gone when the Sinemet is working.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ScottSuff (07-25-2008)