Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Experienced Resting Tremor

I have only experienced a resting tremor on a few occasions. In the last week, I have noticed resting tremor twice. Both times it was in my left hand and thumb and I was having pretty emotional days when this occurred. When I moved my hand to a different position, the tremor would go away and then slowly start up again, then eventually go away. I should also add that I forgot to take my Mirapex at lunchtime yesterday. The episode yesterday occurred at dinner time.

If you do not typically have resting tremors, and get stressed/emotional, does it bring the tremors out?
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Evonne -

Resting tremor was my first and earliest symptom, and it remains the most tiresome for me and the most prevalent symptom. It's in my right hand, and I control it now with amantadine (doesn't work for everyone) - you might want to ask your doc about it.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, stress will bring the tremor out.

I have had PD for 10 years (although dxed only 2 1/2 years) and did not have a resting tremor until this past May. Before that I had some internal tremors. Now I usually only have the tremor in the morning, but the day of my son's wedding I had the tremor at church during the afternoon ceremony. Then I was ok during most of the reception until I got over tired and then the tremor came back.

Chicory
Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tremor mostly in the morning, and when I'm very stressed - like after commuting to work in the morning, or after racing from one terminal to another at O'Hare International Airport. Other than that I only tremor on the inside.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote