Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default John Ball shares his regimen!

Hi, all. This is re: some of your requests that John, with his 37 years with PD, explain how he just ran the SF Marathon 25 minutes faster than he ran the LA Marathon this past March, and an hour faster than he ran LA a year ago. Details: He ran the SF Marathon, (26.2 miles) in 4:23:22 hours.
So, on request, John says to tell you all the following:
Leonore,

You can tell the Braintalk group that my regimen is simple, really...Eat well, not excessively; work out every chance you get, including parking the car as far as you can from where you are going and walking in between; run, ride or swim as frequently as you can, for as long as you can and go at it as hard as you can. Then, once you're committed to doing all that, get your friends and family to support you and work witih them to help them understand your needs and your challenges, and then work with them to give them what they need from you. Then of course, find something outside yourself to commit yourself to and spend your best efforts trying to help others...From there on it's easy.

You know that I'm not trying to be flippant, just reminding us of all those things we know how to do right, but seldom do all together or consistently. When I do them consistently, and free myself from personal or group expectations, anything becomes possible.

Love, John.

His amazing, intrepid wife, Edna, who runs TeamParkinsons with John, says to tell you all:
"Hi,
From my part.......patience, patience, patience. Unconditional love. Lots and lots of compromise...

Edna

They surely left something out! I do all of that! I'm telling you-John is bionic. And, of course, he left out that he takes a pretty traditional western medicine protocol of Sinemet and agonists, and does have troublesome dyskinesias, as do most of us. But......still.....still...there's some other ingredient, besides luck...extraordinary will beyond which most of us can imagine....and from what I l know of many of you, you all are in his league in my eyes, for sure, in your determination and persistence to power forward.
You are all my role models. love, Leonore
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishCountryDancer (08-12-2008)

advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 01:53 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Question hello leonore!

Thank you -being married to an awesome spouse is his best accomplishment
however:
My question is what does he eat?

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote