Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 06:21 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am STEAMED!!!

Well my fellow PWP I guess that after today I'm going to have to find a new PCP. My day began with calling the office to check on the status of a request that they authorize a wheelchair for me since I have family coming into town and we plan on doing a few days at the parks. I called on monday asking about it, had not heard anything. Their reply was "we can't do that just for a few days." So I asked to talk to the office mgr., not an MA. Not available was the reply. Alrighty then. Here we go.
Earlier in the month I went to my pharmacy and I was out of refills on sinemet. My neurosurgeon had been handling my meds. The pharmacy called in to my PCP to get the authorization for a refill. They only auth. 1/2 of my meds at the doseage that I am taking, so I will run out in 2 weeks. Well I got that one fixed but I never called the PCP office to find out why this happened.
I went to the PCP office today to address the wheelchair issue, etc. Short story of it is that my surgeon was the one that I got my meds through and they rightly called back to my PCP for the authorization. They would not authorize that level of meds!! So I am going to a movement disorder spec. and he is going to set my meds. Give 'em some blood, I'm out the door, oh yeah what about the wc. The doc comes out of the office and says we can't authorize that for you since you have a powerchair- yeah but that goes dead and now pushing around a dead chair at that. Not to mention that I'd rather not take apart and haul a 90-lb chair and with their response that the parks have chairs, thats a big pain to go rent one then get it back to them, when we may have other places to go. So I said why cant you give me a script for one, ou guys act like its coming outta your pocket. Now he replies that I'm really trying to help you and as a matter of fact going above and beyond in talking to your neuro at 10 o clock at night about your case. (I had to call him about 3 weeks ago). I lost it then told him thats what a PCP is there for and he should have thought about that before he got into medicine if he did not want to be on call. So now I'm waiting on the big wigs to get back with me from Humana since I called them with a physician complaint. But most likely they were just stroking my leg when they said they could see why I was so angry. We'll see..........
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I may have a idea on finding a chair,
when we were in CA we found out at the hospital about a place where you can get free loaner medical equipment.

We were able to get a hosp. bed, wheelchair & commode for family member and returned it when not needed anymore.

It was a local volunteer organization - but other cities and states might have something like it.
It might be worth checking to see if your area has something like that.