Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Member wants to know about ANS & Lyrica

Hi, I have chronic nerve pain in the thoracic area for the past 10 years. I've had 4 intercostal nerve blocks and they were mostly sucessful but only last 2-3 months. My pain Doc now has me on Lyrica, slowly uping my dose. If that doesn't work Dr. wants to try ANS (advanced neuromodulation system). Has anyone had this done? I really want to get off pain meds.

Dawnwa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-26-2008, 04:51 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica and ANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnwa View Post
Hi, I have chronic nerve pain in the thoracic area for the past 10 years. I've had 4 intercostal nerve blocks and they were mostly sucessful but only last 2-3 months. My pain Doc now has me on Lyrica, slowly uping my dose. If that doesn't work Dr. wants to try ANS (advanced neuromodulation system). Has anyone had this done? I really want to get off pain meds.

I am also new here and I am on a pretty high dose of Lyrica. It is the only thing that really helps my nerve pain (from damage nerve in Lubosacral plexus) that goes down my right leg. I am considering a spinal cord stimulator (i believe the same as ANS-dif brand). SO the lyrica- 200mg 3x/day) is really good, but like you, i would love to get off the meds. I never really had any problems with the lyrica, as far as side effects go. Hope this helps.
KDShan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica

Quote:

Hi I was on Lyrica for my chiari/tethered spinal cord pain and I found it did work- but I had to discontinue it, as it incresed my tremors in frquency and severity. but it did take the pain away, and knocked me out at night , so I could sleep 5-6 hrs straight thru and not wake up at night.
csinfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:32 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was also on Lyrica for several years at the highest dose. I had severe withdrawal problems from the Lyrica. It took two tries to get off of the Lyrica and I'll never go back on it.
I just had a spinal cord stimulator placed on Saturday. I'm anxious to see how I'll do with it now that it is placed permanently.
citygirldoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ans is problematic

Quote:

i HAVE AN ans BECAUSE OF NERVE DAMAGE DONE FROM BACK SURGERY. THIS ANS DOES NOT HELP YOU WILL STILL CONTINUE TO TAKE PAIN MEDS. i WANT MINE REMOVED. iT IS CAUSEING ME PAIN UNBEARABLE PAIN, i HAVE 3 SURGERIES JUST TO REPLACE UNITS. i HAVE HAD WIRES RECONNECTED ALREADY AND i AM STILL ON PAIN MEDS. i ADVISE YOU NOT TO DO IT. DOCTORS JUST WANT YOUR MONEY. i CANNOT FIND A DOCTOR WHO WILL REMOVE IT. SORRY TO SAY BUT TRUE. IN MY OPINION
sufie5139 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote