Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 09-19-2008, 07:30 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Removing Mercury Fillings

Hello, I was wondering if I should have my old fillings replaced, since I've been reading about how toxic they are. I have many. Has anyone had their old fillings taken out and have you noticed any improvements in your general health, and PD? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks! FG
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I did about two years ago

As to noticing a difference, I'm afraid that there has been so much bakground chatter in my life that I can't say one way or another. And the value to me was to prevent it getting worse as the amalgams aged as well. I would do it again is the best I can tell you.

If you do it, find someone who knows what they are doing or you will end up taking on a whole new load of mercury. They should be talking in terms of a rubber dam or sheet across the back of your throat to catch anything that escapes, a positive air flow so that you don't breathe vapors, and breaking the amalgams as much as possible instea of drilling them away. Otherwise, look for another dentist.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:42 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I did it about 7 years ago.

Besides having a dentist remove your amalgam SAFELY, do it over a period of time, not all at once. I had quite a bit of old amalgam fillings, around half a dozen or so. Some had to be replaced with crowns, I've stretch this out over a year. It was my dentist that suggested this. Even with all the precautions, he wanted to limit my exposure to the released mercury over time.
I'm not sure if removing all the amalgam in my mouth helped any. My pd back then was still progressing even after all the amalgam was removed. I just wanted that mercury out, I figured it couldn't hurt. I can't remember where I've read about mercury fillings & pd. but it was enough to convince me to spend a couple of thousand to get it out.

Happy drilling.
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (09-23-2008)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PD & Amalgams

I am a PD patient who spent lose to 30 years working in dental offices. I am still unsure about the relationship of Mercury and Neurological diseases. Back in my younger days, there were no gloves, no masks, direct handling of mercury and no special ventilation during amalgam removal. It all seems pretty ignorant when you look back on it, we all knew it was toxic if you broke a thermometer, but squeeze the mercury out of the amalgam to make it the right consistency, with our bare hands? It was done all the time.

For a time I blamed that dental history on my PD but if that is the case why do I know dozens of teachers with PD and no dental professionals? Why did I test fine for Mercury and high in aluminum?

It has always been my belief that when it comes time to replace fillings, have it done with a more contemporary material. If you don't have insurance doing it in one fail swoop will be very costly as it will be even if you have good insurance.

Karen
karenkp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thankyou

Thanks much for the responses, now I have to get busy and look into getting this done. FG
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote