Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 04:35 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tingling and Numbness

I have had a strange sensation on the left side of my back, it starts at mid-line and is almost level with where my bra strap goes across my back. The best way that I can find to describe it that it is like a creeping, tingling and slightly numb feeling.

I have also developed a strange numbness in my big toe on my right foot. It is as if the outer side of my big toe, both top and bottom are really numb. I do have diabetes, but my sugars have always been pretty well controlled so I don't think it is neuropathy. I had gotten some new shoes for work and I am not sure if they irritated a nerve or something. I went back to wearing my old shoes for the last two weeks and there is still no improvement.

Anybody with a similar experience...or suggestions???
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes I have had numbness which started in my foot before dxs. It has also crept into my small toe and the one next to it as well. Shoes make it feel worse. In the summer when I wear sandals it doesn't bother me as much. The numbness and tingling has also affected me in my face, also on the left side but after getting on the meds that seemed to go away. That creeping feeling seems to be the progression of P.D. I was quite aware of it before
dxs. That was 5 years ago, so for 3 years prior to that my worst symptoms were numbness, dystonia, slowness, dragging of left foot and rigidity. Also, I had lost my sense of smell at least 10 years before these symptoms came into the picture. I find if I rest often its not too bad, also wear bigger shoes so that your toes have room to move. Unfortunately it has not gone away and at times it seems to be along the outside of my right foot. I try to keep exercising to keep the blood flowing. Hopefully it will slow things down.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb dear ones~

my dear sister has been dxd w/ MultipleSclerosis for several years
and she has cried over the numbness and tingling...
bless you both
info

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health...hcenter05.html

Japanese acupressure technique targets blocked energy
Last updated July 4, 2007 10:22 a.m. PT

By MEGHAN PETERS
P-I REPORTER

Gentle fingertips are strategically placed on the patient's body, separated only by a thin sheet. The room is still as the practitioner's focus becomes apparent in her furrowed brow. A throbbing pulse quickens, felt simultaneously at separate points, until a flowing energy dominates the atmosphere.

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by Curious; 10-06-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: edit per nt guidelines: copyright. please see link for article
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ibken (10-08-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 01:05 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have this too! The right side of my face is tingly and feels like it's fallen asleep. I noticed too that it goes away when I'm on. I also have a bubbling feeling in my hands and legs all the time as well. I had this long before the diagnosis and my previous neuro told me it was from migraine headaches. But... I didn't have a headache!

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote