Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart I am missing you all

Hi everyone - sorry to be so out of touch. I have had to go underground a little. After I got back from the Werth clinic in June with the permanent ear implants, I got pverwhelmed by chronic gastric distress. I also finally titrated off the Neupro patch without replacing it with Requip or anything. At the same time, the Mucuna stopped working for me; and I was struck with extreme, crushing depression daily. I was so weak and debilitated that I fled.

Now I am down here on top of a mountain in South America for a bit. Internet access very tenuous - much easier for me to read than send. But I really miss you all - Charley, thanks for inquiring and I know I have many beloved friends here that I am dying to catch up with.

The good news is I am much better. Super-scary gastric issues that had flattened me completely are gone (gum mastic - yay!). Extreme constipation (and we're talking a month - nada)improved to better than it ever has been thru six colonic irrigation sessions and a probiotic colonic implant, and a firm change in diet: no processed food. At all. Eggs from the chickens in the garden, milk right from the cow, and if you want meat for dinner, you get a live chicken from a farmer and wring its neck. Changes your whole perspective.

Contrasted with that is the innovative and direct treatment I am also getting here - very subtle homeopathy, oxygen therapy, and the possibility of treatments...well, let me say not available in the USA yet.

So I feel considerably better altho still working on the depression. I think it's part of the price of going off Mirapex - but interestingly similar to..'The depression I had when I first noticed symptoms. So I feel I am dealing with heart of my particular issue - probably a life-long imbalance of serotonin is my guess.

Hard to tell about the ear implants because there have been so many other issues, but my sense is that they are a good thing and are and will play an increasingly positive role. But I have lost a necessary 15 pounds and am doing at least an hour of karate training a day. Plus my walking is MUCH improved I- virtually no shuffling episodes.

The doctor I am working with is great and extremely knowledgeable. Once I check out this treatment a little more, I will give folks.some specifics because I think this could be very helpful work for some. But knowing where to go, how to do it, etc. I know is a big challenge, and my goal is to be able to help others with it, if at all possible.

So dealing with core stuff down here, but missing you all and looking forward to being in touch.

Best,
Fiona.

Last edited by Fiona; 10-06-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Good to hear from you

Fiona-

Sounds like it is exciting down there (up there?) and that you are taking life by the tail. That in itself is important for us since it is so tempting to just lie down and wait for the cavalry. Keep us informed.

-Rick
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hang in there Fiona

It sounds like you hit the wall, hope you are feeling better and glad you are keeping in touch. I often wonder what I would be like without the meds, of course I know I would crash. I too was dealing with depression before dxs. It sounds as though you are getting some new treatments, perhaps this is what you need at this time. Be sure to pass it on, we can use all the help we can get. We are still here taking one day at a time. If you start feeling blue just send us a post and we will try to cheer you up.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good to hear from you Fiona!..Sounds like you've been on the pd roller coaster..Hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Keeping everything crossed for you...

Fiona-

I hope you are feeling better. No one has worked harder or deserves it more than you. While we can't know exactly how you feel going through all these trials with their respective symptoms and side-effects, we can all empathize and come as close as anyone can to understanding.

I am sure I speak for all of us when I say we wish you all the best and we keep you in our thoughts and prayers. As cliche as that sounds, it is meant sincerely.

Try to be positive and remember how important our thoughts are and how they can effect the body...for the better or worse.

Don't forget to write when you "come down from the mountain."

Keith

PS - Do they drink their beer cold or at room temperature???

Last edited by Curious; 10-07-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: fixed keith's wink ;)
kk13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I miss you Fiona! Looking forward to trading depression stories one day ...

Glad to see you are forging new paths ~

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart dearest fiona -

you are in my heart prayers...
be well...

aura cacia makes an essential oil and aromatherapy mineral bath
that is called "heart song" - it has a sweet rose aroma, it helps me when
I am overly exhausted / depresed... try the essential oils - if you have a headache use a drop of lavender oil w/a little almond/olive oil as carrier/ on your temples / cut it with the carrier oil so it wont be too strong.
this is what I do - it works...
do not use makeup thaat may have lead in it... example lipstick~
I pray you have great peace...

love -

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM #8
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Fiona,

I have been running from my problems and depression for about 6 months and am now ready to move back home to Florida. You can't run from depression it seems...duh. But other reasons for me to run have been revealing themselves so we look for the positive and the hidden outcomes.

I miss your humor and information, hope to see you back here and feeling uplifted. Check in with us more often if you can .

Wishing you peace and strength,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Saffron for depression

Hi Fiona,
We're glad to hear from you again, sounds like you're on a very interesting path. Organic food, clean air, etc. I've heard an interesting report on the radio yesterday. It's about spice, used in cooking called SAFFRON, that can relieve depression without side effects. Just search the web for (saffron & depression) and you'll find find lots of info and even some clinical tests. I haven't tried it myself, but I thought I should pass it on to you.
Take care & enJOY life.
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where Will You Be on Dec 17?

Fiona-
Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Would love to hear more of the details in person. My basic package at the moment consists of supplements, exercise, ayurvedic herbs, as much organic food as possible, and sleep.
Dr. DiRocco's Sunday Series is presenting a program on integrative medicine on Dec. 7th at the Manhattan JCC. This is being done in response to Leonore and myself and Carol and others (you,too?) speaking up and my making a proposal for a program on complementary medicine. The afternoon workshops are going to include two round table discussions amongst patients providing a forum for us to share information about things we've tried - what's worked - what hasn't. I'm pulling together those workshops and would like you to join Leonore and I moderating the round table discussions. Will you be in town? Are you interested?
Ciao, Cyndy GIlbertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
Hi everyone - sorry to be so out of touch. I have had to go underground a little. After I got back from the Werth clinic in June with the permanent ear implants, I got pverwhelmed by chronic gastric distress. I also finally titrated off the Neupro patch without replacing it with Requip or anything. At the same time, the Mucuna stopped working for me; and I was struck with extreme, crushing depression daily. I was so weak and debilitated that I fled.

Now I am down here on top of a mountain in South America for a bit. Internet access very tenuous - much easier for me to read than send. But I really miss you all - Charley, thanks for inquiring and I know I have many beloved friends here that I am dying to catch up with.

The good news is I am much better. Super-scary gastric issues that had flattened me completely are gone (gum mastic - yay!). Extreme constipation (and we're talking a month - nada)improved to better than it ever has been thru six colonic irrigation sessions and a probiotic colonic implant, and a firm change in diet: no processed food. At all. Eggs from the chickens in the garden, milk right from the cow, and if you want meat for dinner, you get a live chicken from a farmer and wring its neck. Changes your whole perspective.

Contrasted with that is the innovative and direct treatment I am also getting here - very subtle homeopathy, oxygen therapy, and the possibility of treatments...well, let me say not available in the USA yet.

So I feel considerably better altho still working on the depression. I think it's part of the price of going off Mirapex - but interestingly similar to..'The depression I had when I first noticed symptoms. So I feel I am dealing with heart of my particular issue - probably a life-long imbalance of serotonin is my guess.

Hard to tell about the ear implants because there have been so many other issues, but my sense is that they are a good thing and are and will play an increasingly positive role. But I have lost a necessary 15 pounds and am doing at least an hour of karate training a day. Plus my walking is MUCH improved I- virtually no shuffling episodes.

The doctor I am working with is great and extremely knowledgeable. Once I check out this treatment a little more, I will give folks.some specifics because I think this could be very helpful work for some. But knowing where to go, how to do it, etc. I know is a big challenge, and my goal is to be able to help others with it, if at all possible.

So dealing with core stuff down here, but missing you all and looking forward to being in touch.

Best,
Fiona.
Shake 'Em Up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote