advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 03:41 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default _Let's Eat Out!: Your Passport to Living Gluten And Allergy Free_ anyone read it?

Let's Eat Out!: Your Passport to Living Gluten And Allergy Free by Kim Koeller, Robert La France

http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Eat-Out-P...e=UTF8&s=books

Just ran across this at amazon.com. It's rated well. I was just wondering if anyone had read it.

Rachel
rachelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-07-2006, 04:17 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's on my "should buy that someday" list. I can't imagine they will really have much to say that I don't already know through trial, error, common sense, but it may just be packed full of simplistic wisdom!
I'd love to hear some feedback too!

A day to day lunch pictorial
sleepingbean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:56 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know if this is useful to anybody else, but... Lately I've been finding a lot of the books that I want to read at my local library. I can go to their website and type in the title of the book I want, press a couple of buttons, and have the book delivered to my local library branch -- which is about 3 blocks away from my house. They send an e-mail message when the book arrives there. I'm liking this a lot because it doesn't cost anything, and I can really see what *I* think of the book before I buy it. If I don't like the book, it's gone again from my life as soon as I return it -- I don't need to find storage for it or sell it or anything, and it cost me nothing.

Not everybody's library is as convenient as this. I'm really glad that mine is!

-Valerie
valeriemates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Valerie, our library does this, too. I love it! (But my closest branch is about 1 mile from my house--still quite close!) And while we have a superb library for a town of our size, they don't have this book. :-)

Libraries are wonderful!

Rachel
rachelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:22 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

One other really nice thing that my local library does is that if they don't have a book, I can click to see if any library in the state of Michigan has it. A huge number of libraries all over Michigan are linked together to share books with each other. So if my library doesn't have the book I want but another library does, then I can request it (for free) and have it magically appear at my local library in a few days. I love that! I've occasionally run across books I wanted that I couldn't find anywhere in Michigan, but it's rare.

I adore the way libraries are re-inventing themselves for the Internet age. My local library is an amazing place -- open and airy, welcoming to everybody from birth to ancient old age, ecologically friendly, full of many types of media (not just books, though there are lots of those), and *very* Internet-connected.

I did a web search for a picture that would show how airy and open my local library branch is. This one sort of does, but it's actually even airier and more open than it looks in this picture:
http://gallery.gundo.com/gallery/Mal...Creek/director
(I have no idea who took the photo. I've never met the library director.) It just amazes me that I can use all the features of this neat building, for free.

-Valerie
valeriemates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote