Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Oct 26-Nov 1, 2008

Hello from the beautiful State of Washington!..I made it through the flight, and when the plane rose above the clouds, I saw the top of the cloud deck for the first time..Quite the spectacular sight!..When I got to Seattle, I was wheeled down to baggage pick up, I saw Laura sitting and waiting..We recognized each other from a distance, and we hugged and kissed..It was so good, and such a gift to see her in person..I am usually full of anxiety meeting people, even though I had known them from the internet, but I had no anxiety meeting Laura whatsoever..We speak the same language on many levels..On the way to Laura's we stopped for, what else, but fish and chips at a place called Spud's..And it was really good, much like New England

We have been sight seeing around Pugent sound, and we went down the shore one day to see the gooeyducks squirting all over the place..A fishermans paridise I tell ya

Other than that we have been getting to know each other, and being that we are both deep thinkers, we have had some deep no holds barred conversations..I have never connected with anyone on that level before..I also learned that I am a good care partner..She has had pd a very long time, and she has some extremely challenging moments..There have been many times when she froze and couldnt walk or talk, and I get her to bed, and sat with her untill the dark moments passed..I felt useful, compassionate, and grateful for the opportunity to help out, hard as it is to witness the heart wrenching reality of pd..As Ive heard it said many times in the halls of AA, "If you want to be touched by the hand of God, then reach out to the person standing next to you"..It has also been an inspiration to watch her resolve, and determination..To watch her play the piano, and to see her face the challenges of the day before her with courage and dignity

As for our hopes of a relationship?..Without going into alot of personal detail, we had to face some painful realities, the we both knew of deep down inside, but chose to deny..Laura is going through a divorce, and has not begun to heal from it yet..As painful as this reality is for the both of us, it is an obstacle in our path, and you cannot build a foundation on sand, or it will crumble, and it would be a painful disaster for us down the road..We have the responsibility to avoid such a failure..I realize this now, and it is not easy to accept..at all..But we did manage to create a very special friendship, one that I have come to cherish, and will never forget..For some divine reason God saw fit to bring us together in His own time, and in His own way..Who knows what God's plan is?..All I have to understand is that He has one..Nothing happens in God's world by accident..Nothing!..I have only been here since Thursday, and this trip has been the most spiritually profound experience Ive ever had..We dont know what God's plan will be when Laura's healing process is over..I know what I would like it to be, but its destiny is not in my hands..There are many lessons in this for both of us..Maybe this is mine..I balk at God's will when I either want something, or have to wait for something that I really want badly, and I have struggled throughout my life with this..But whatever it is, the lesson will come to me..in time..But meanwhile we got to dream our wildest dream, and got to feel alive inside, if only for a short time..Maybe it is God writing straight with crooked lines again..More will be revealed

How was your week?

Last edited by stevem53; 10-27-2008 at 02:35 AM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasmo (10-27-2008), Chemar (10-27-2008), Curious (10-27-2008), jeanb (10-27-2008), Sasha (10-28-2008), sunrich (10-27-2008), Todd (10-27-2008)

advertisement
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Laura and Steve,

What a great picture! I'm praying for both of you in this very special time in your lives.

We are expecting the birth of our latest grandchild in Seattle today. The plan, according to our son, was for induction today if nothing happened before then. Looking forward to good news later.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Brought together

Steve and Laura,
When I saw the picture of the two of you, tears of joy came to my eyes. God has defintely brought you together! I am looking forward to meeting you at the Hope conference, maybe we could go to dinner after the conference. God Bless.....

later......DB
dbiker2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey all:

Max and I are driving down from Canada for the Conference too! We are so excited to meet those we haven't met before (for Max that's everyone) and for me I've met some of you, but not all.

Steve, your looking pretty good. It;s been 3 years since I met you at the Washington Congress. And Harley looked quite different when I last saw her.
Yes it would be fun to all get together for dinner or whatever after the Conference. Thanks for suggesting it Dave.

See you there!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'll leave the profound emotional stuff for someone else and get to the REALLY important stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
On the way to Laura's we stopped for, what else, but fish and chips at a place called Spud's..And it was really good, much like New England
Dude, you got to eat at Spud's? I'm so jealous! I grew up on Spud's (in Kirkland, WA) when I was a kid and miss it terribly. I've yet to find anything even remotely close here in CA. I swear, one day I'm gonna fly up there for the sole purpose of satisfying my Spud's craving!

Glad to hear the trip has been beneficial for you so far...

Life has been challenging and interesting lately, more so than usual, but all is good. I just keep reminding myself that my attitude is, and always will be, to go out of this world the same way I came in...kicking and screaming!

Have a good week everyone and fight the good fight!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sorry...

Yes it would be fun to all get together for dinner or whatever after the Conference. Thanks for suggesting it Dave.See you there![/QUOTE]

.....Sorry Rosebud....but it's not Dave.....it's Darrell

later......DB

Last edited by dbiker2; 10-27-2008 at 07:36 PM.
dbiker2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve & Laura,
I'm glad to hear that you can treasure your time together. I can totally relate to what you two are experiencing. Knowing that enjoying the moment is all that matters. Tomorrow is the unknown so we try not to worry about it.
I'm looking forward to meeting you two at the Seattle PD conference. I will be meeting some other members of this forum too. It will be nice to put a real face to your postings.
I had a pretty good week, it amazing how having someone in your life again can change things. It's like being whole again.
EnJOY life,
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve and Laura,
From the picture you two make a good looking couple. Enjoy your time together it's something you both will always treasure.

I wish I could go to the Seattle PD conference. That and there some other things I would like to do while there. Maybe one day in the near future I'll make it out there.

Leading into my last appointment with my MDS, i was having about 1 1/2 hours off time between doses of Sinemet. Not wanting to add more Sinemet until we absolutly have too, I opted for another solution. As we all know, the skin patch Neupro (rotigotine) was recalled because it was crystalizing as the drug entered the blood system. Well, Ohio State University Parkinson Center of Excellence is involved in a study of this drug. I volunteered to particapate in the study. At this point I am 3 weeks into the study. It appears that I did get the drug. So far, no unusual side effects are bothering me and my off time is only about 20 minutes. The study will run until February 2009 for me.

I hope everyone has a good week,

GregD
stevem53 (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Darrell

What'd you do with Dave?

LOL....oops sorry...I have an excuse, I have PD
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member