Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 09:20 AM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Cities, States Questioning Wisdom of Adding Fluoride to Public Water Supplies

What do you get when you take a toxic chemical byproduct of the fertilizer processing industry and dump it into the public water supply? Fluoridation!

The fluoridation of public water supplies is one of the most fraudulent public health policies ever dreamed up by the chemical companies, and decades after the scam was first engineered as a way to get rid of toxic waste without paying expensive hazardous materials fees, many cities are finally starting to question the sanity of it.

Dumping so-called "fluoride" chemicals into the public water supply makes about as much sense as dripping rocket fuel chemicals into the nation's milk supply. (Don't laugh. Perchlorate chemicals are already in virtually all milk products sold in the U.S.)

~~~~~~~~~

Today's feature story reveals why more cities and towns are starting to question water fluoridation policies: http://www.naturalnews.com/024758.html

Cities, States Questioning Wisdom of Adding Fluoride Chemicals to Public Water Supplies
by David Gutierrez

(NaturalNews) Grand Rapids, Mich. has become the most recent city to question the practice of fluoridating public water, as part of a growing tendency for local governments to question the use of many chemicals that formerly been taken for granted.

"I think this pattern has been growing because there is better environmental health research that draws connections between low levels of chemical exposure and changes in our bodies," said Dr. Howard Hu of the University of Michigan. "As the research has become more sophisticated, it shows that environmental toxicants can do other things beyond just kill you: they can stunt your growth, change behavior and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease."

Grand Rapids was the first city in the world to fluoride its public water supply, based on assurances from the government that the chemical reduces the risk of tooth decay while posing no serious risks. But based on a number of studies linking fluoride to problems with the thyroid, kidneys, central nervous system and skeletal system - including cancers - the city's director of environmental sustainability, Corky Overmyer, has ordered a new review of the scientific evidence concerning the risks and benefits of the chemical.

"This has been on my radar screen for a while," Overmyer said.

Overmyer says that while he has not drawn any conclusions about the safety fluoride, the scientific evidence gave him reason enough for concern. Having already gotten chlorine removed from the city's water supply several years ago, Overmyer did not expect the vicious backlash that developed to his questioning of fluoride. From large medical associations to the mayor and even his own dentist, Overmyer's decision has drawn fierce criticism.

"I had no idea [fluoride] was that sensitive an issue," Overymyer said.

Fluoridation opponents have cheered the news, however, confident that the scientific evidence will speak for itself.

"If Grand Rapids falls, that could be the beginning of the end of fluoride," said Paul Connett, director of the Fluoride Action Network.

Source for this story include: www.chicagotribune.com.

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default and it's doesn't prevent cavities!

Right on, and my research shows that not only is flouride linked to a vast array of medical conditions, all undesirable of course, and including osteoporosis, it does not prevent cavities nor does it improve dental health. I've also read that permanent teeth, once matured (I assume after age 18 or so) no longer absorb the flouride, so even if flouride did aid in dental health, it does nothing for adult teeth.

I can't wait to see our dentist's reaction when I decline the flouride treatment for our family the next time we go in. We might get fired!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (11-10-2008)
Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb dear L4acure~

My family lived in Va Beach VA... about 10 years ago,
I had to take my son to the dentist - I was told he needed a flouride treatment~
I told the dentist when my son was 6 not to give him flouride treatments,
because they were very unhealthy/or deadly... if a child can die from eating a small tube of toothpaste w/ flouride in it -

I would not allow them to give it to my son, well - the jerks accidently on purpose gave him the floride treatment, and I told the dentist if you charge me for the treatment you accidently gave him, you will be taken to court, by me.

my son is 23 years of age now, thats how long I have known this...
too much toxicity in our environment / especially a newly painted home,
or an old furnace, in womans makeup...in our made made fibers.
and to trust the FDA as of now, is too risky, as long as bigpharma pays
for them to live in the lap of luxury

-while others including us, are being poisoned,
perhaps we had the genetic code with the propensity for PD,
and it surfaces early -
we can also have a detremental diet, bigfarma...pesticide,

we are what we eat
and drink and breathe...

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote