Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 06:30 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You ought to be a rock star

I have been diagnosed with PD for 12 years. When I first discovered there was a web site on Parkinson's in existence, I approached it fearfully. I did not want to reveal much about myself, and I was still tottering on the fence about whether or not I REALLY had PD. Of course, I did, and it is only recently I have stopped expecting my doctor to tell me that they made a terrible mistake by diagnosing me with this condition. I have it, and as Laura says, it doesn't have me (I hope).

Finally with time passing I did post on the forum. It was a great release. I was not alone. I revealed, argued, read, congratulated, and criticized, and the world of the forum became my refuge. The people whose posts I read - like ol cs's - impressed me and held my slowly disintegrating world together, so much so that I think the posters became lilke rock stars to me. How silly, eh? But I admired them more than the typical hero models put up by our society. I have never understood why people revere someone like Oprah (whom I do like, by the way) and don't see the heroism in someone who works day in and day out at a boring, tedious job just to support his or her family. I think we are heroic also. Living with PD is one of the hardest things I have ever done. What doesn't hurt you physically, gets you mentally. How much courage it takes to deal with this disease!

So all of you are my rock stars.

Just felt like stating that.
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Yam1 (11-16-2008)

advertisement
Old 11-15-2008, 07:25 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Heroes

Continuing with the rock star theme-

"I will be king
And you
You will be queen
Though nothing will
Drive them away
We can beat them
Just for one day
We can be Heroes
Just for one day"

D.Bowie

But I gotta tell you, if I could outrun this SOB, I'd be gone!
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:04 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anne....

You and I were diagnosed about the same time..I've had it for 12 years also.
I think I remember you from when I first started on Braintalk (??)

For me this has become my always available support group. Barring the unforseen, we could all be in the same boat for a good many years. Possibly the rest of out lives. There is no question that when we are here we are among a unique group of intelligent, caring.and supportive individuals that all share a common challange with some variations. Over the years they have become my closest friends, even though I have not met more than a few in person. I can complain, share experiences -good and not so good, and recently I've even found a new "best friend" in 3D

Do you think I should get out and get a life?

Still laughing after all these years...rosie posie
jcitron (11-16-2008)