Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 01:00 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Grandparents with Parkinson's and grandchildren with Autism

Has anyone heard of a link between a higher rate of autism in children getting vaccinated if they have a grandparent with Parkinson's?

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-23-2008, 05:42 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

A scary thought Ann. My youngest Grandson is autistic.

I did what research I could on any relationship and only found these references, but nothing specific to grandparents.

I found this abstract, but it does not comment on a connection:
Résumé / Abstract
The pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease, a neurodegenerative disorder, is multifaceted, having a variety of genetic and environmental factors. There is considerable evidence to support the role of toxins, particularly pesticides and herbicides, in at least some of those affected (presumably, mostly the genetically vulnerable). The pathogenesis of autism is no less complex, but little is known about the potential role of toxins for autism, a neurodevelopmental disorder. The incidence of autism appears to be rising, and early exposure to synthetic chemicals is one suspect for this rise. Impaired detoxification of certain chemicals may be common to autism and Parkinson's disease. Further study of environmental influences for either disorder may lead to important insights regarding causation for both, and perhaps for other neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental disorders as well.
I did however find information about Vitamin D deficiency in Autism, which is also found to be a deficiency in PD.

Autism and Vitamin D
Researcher sees link between vitamin D, autism
Abstract: Autism and vitamin D
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:16 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb hi

goodmorning,

I had a great aunt diagnosed w/ PD, &
met her when I was a child...
Autism is also linked with Vaccinations...

Study illuminates link between Parkinson's and vitamin D

More research is shedding light on the role that the sunshine vitamin (aka vitamin D) plays in maintaining good health. The latest study has found that people with Parkinson's disease are more likely than healthy adults to have low levels of this nutrient. But researchers can't say yet whether a lack of vitamin D might be a cause of the disease or a consequence.
skipping down the articles says:
The fact that people with Parkinson's had less vitamin D than those with Alzheimer's was especially interesting to researchers. This suggests, they say, that low vitamin D may be uniquely linked to Parkinson's rather than to neurodegenerative diseases in general. They point out, however, that low vitamin D might be a result of Parkinson's rather than a cause, as movement problems may limit how often people with Parkinson's go outdoors. This could mean less time in the sun and less vitamin D.

What you need to know. The study suggests a possible link between a lack of vitamin D and Parkinson's disease, but what this link means is unclear. If future research shows that low vitamin D is connected to the development of Parkinson's, then this might point to new ways to prevent and treat the disease. But the research is at an early stage.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/hea...nsons-and.html

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote