Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 06:19 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Nov 23-29. 2008

Hi Everyone..I hope you are all doing well..We are in Ohio, and Laura's friend Lorrie's house, awaiting to get into the Cleveland Clinic on Dec 17, 18, and 19..Laura's medical records have been transfered, so the ball is rolling..The flight, which went from Seattle to Phoenix Az, then to Pittsburgh Penn was brutal on her..She was about incapactated the last hour or so of it, but most important we made it..Lorrie, who is also a parkie offered us a trailor to stay in here, which should be ready for us to move into sometime today, after the gas gets turned on..I saw an Amish dude the other day for the very first time..Well..maybe "dude" is not the correct terminology..

I flew back to Rhode Island the day before yesterday to take care of some business..When the airplane was hovering over T.F. Green Airport decending for a landing that night, I could see the bay, with its bridges all lit up from the sky..A beautiful site of which Ive never had the opportunity to see in the 55 years that Ive resided here..Absolutely awesome..My cats were happy to see me, and it felt good to be back home, if only for a day..My buddy Rich picked me up from the airport, and it was good to see him for sure..Yesterday I drove my truck back to Ohio, and did the whole 10 hours straight, with a couple of stops for food, gas, and stretching my legs..Went through the Appalaichion (sp) Trail..What a sight to behold!!..Anyway, I really surprised myself that I could still drive all that distance at one time, and I wasnt tired when I got to Ohio..Just a little jittey from the long hours sitting in one place..and all wound up as well..Lorrie is getting married on Thanksgiving Day, which is the reason why Laura and I flew out here so early..Its all good!

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 11-24-2008, 02:38 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve,
Glad to see things are moving along for laura. After my experience at the Cleveland Clinic I'm sure they will take good care of her. My prayers are with you both.

I am in the 7th week of the clinical trial for the new improved Neupro skin patch. So far the worse side effect I've had is some blured vision. I've never had so many ekgs done in my life. Also they have taken about 10 gallons of blood so far. They are keeping a close watch to make sure the drug isn't crystalizing in the blood system like it did previously.

GregD
Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Steve:

Glad to hear your still alive. Your short visit to the left coast is turning into a big adventure....or something like that. Joy was asking about you the other day and was wondering if you had made it home yet.... I don't let her use my computer because she gets food stuck between the keys! Other than that she's pretty easy to get along with.
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:47 AM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Surprisingly, I have something to say regarding human relationships ...lol

I've loosely chronicled my personal activity, which included running away from home, literally, for 5 months and living in a different part of he country.

Now I'm back, and things are, for the first time, looking potentially successful. No kids living in the house; my husband and I circling warily but with much interaction.

What enablers we had become!

Duh~why don't I just die to make my point!

Get your own life together, time feels short

It is what it is.

Laura and Steve, Max and Joy - good on ya! Patience wins out in the end.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:11 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default good morning all

It's raining cats and dogs here! (where did that expression come from?)
Us Canadians wish all you Americans a happy (belated) Thanksgiving. Now you have less than a month until the next big "T" day and Christmas madness is in full swing. I wrote my annual Christmas letter, but my daughter says I can't send it out because it's incredibly negative (but good for a laugh).
I should dig out my red nose again and post a Christmas picture of myself....oh ya, I forgot I lost my Camera.

I'm doing well for today, hopefully the trend will continue. I'm thinking about starting a thread about the foods we eat and the effect on our PD. Max is amazed what a difference a few changes in his eating habits has on his PD. Wll write more on a specific thread about food.. Timing is probably good for the topic as we are all on the annual "too much of a good thing" eating frenzy Season right now.

Enjoy your day on the couch after yesterdays overindulgence!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:58 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm back on line after a computer hickup for a couple of days. Holding my breath hoping that the fix will continue.

Steve, good to hear that you and Laura have reasonable digs for your wait. Thinking and praying for you often.

Greg, it sounds like you found a vampire phlebotomist! Good on you for trial participation.

Max, if Joy insists on using your computer while eating, putting saran wrap over the keyboard should keep it pristine!

Paula, I'm confident your current struggles will yield greater tranquility. I appreciate your work on the Project.

Joy, let the Christmas letter tell it like it is. Your wisdom will find the right balance.

Speaking of rain; we are getting drenched today! Daily temps are dropping here, as expected as winter approaches. Still have only had only a couple of sub-freezing nights, however.

Be well, all.
Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:48 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well Rosebud, it really is raining dogs here. I took in two pups in our rescue based in the caller's statement that they were 10 week old labs. Shame on me for believing him. After many years doing rescue, I should know better. The two pups are named Rhett and Scarlett and are 3 month old Great Pyrness. Today I picked them up at the vet after their surgeries (spay/neuter) and each are well over 20 lbs. They should mature to close to 100 lbs and have long hair. Anyone who knows anything about dogs could tell that there is not a lab cell in their bodies.

Weatherwise, it is a cold, cold rain here in Tennessee.
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote