Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Wii Fit

I have Wii Fit - got it a week ago. Today after I took the balance test it said:

"I noticed you are unsteady. Do you trip a lot?"

LOL you gotta laugh!!

Jean

www.e-advocacy4pd.org ... www.pdplan4life.com

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wii Fit

Did you have problems finding a Wii? I haven't looked seriously but hear they are difficult to find.

How are you doing with the Wii fit? What specific concerns would you like to see improved?

Dylpup
Dylpup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Wii Fit

I use the Wii Fit mostly for the aerobics training part. My neuro suggested that I add some aerobics to the exercises I was doing as part of physical therapy. And because I won't go to an exercise class, it was a good excuse to buy the Wii Fit. We already had a Wii console that came with Wii Sports, which I use for exercise too. I like that it adjusts to each user's skill level, so I'm less likely to get frustrated and give up. Of the Sports games, I like the bowling and tennis, and I'm getting better at the golf game. Of the Wii Fit games, I like the Rhythm Boxing and the Basic Step the most. The balance games are a challenge (too much so sometimes). The soccer heading game is aggravating!!! The Strength Training and yoga poses also need more balance than I can usually muster.

I bought the Wii console online last summer and a few months later I bought the Wii Fit at Target. Circuit City had Wii Fit at that time too.
Yam1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks for the info

Thanks for making me smile about your balance problems. I like your attitude!

I think I'll look into something lilke that for Christmas. One thing I do have is Dance, Dance Revolution. It's the game where you "dance" to the arrows. I have good days and bad, but mostly good with being able to follow the arrows .. well, if it's a relatively slow beat.

I also play Text Twist online with "Real Arcade". It helps keep my mind active as well.

Again, thanks for the tip and explanation of what you like and don't like about it. The more information we share, the better.

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:22 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink me too

Yam1, I'm like you and won't go to an exercise class. The Wii fit helps out in that way. (I'm cc'ing your response because I agree with what you have written.)

I do a lot of the balance activities - and I agree - the soccer header is sooooo aggravating. But having said that, I'm doing somewhat better, little by little. This is also true of all the balance activities that I do - I'm slowly improving. The Wii Fit can do an assessment of you each day, and it always does a balance test. I laughed when it told me "I noticed you have trouble with your balance, do you trip a lot?"

For aerobics, I like doing the step exercises, and the rhythm boxing, and bowling and I've just started tennis. Oh and regular boxing. I love that! But my opponents are beginning to knock me out, so it's getting more difficult. Plus I have a "frozen elbow" in my left arm so it's painful to stretch and move, but it's good that I"m using it. So I do what I can.

I also do the yoga stretching exercises. I avoid the strength exercises - I just haven't got the ability.

I bought the Wii Fit on line - on Amazon about a month ago. And we got the Wii sports console at Best Buy at about the same time.

Anyway, I hope this info is useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam1 View Post
I use the Wii Fit mostly for the aerobics training part. My neuro suggested that I add some aerobics to the exercises I was doing as part of physical therapy. And because I won't go to an exercise class, it was a good excuse to buy the Wii Fit. We already had a Wii console that came with Wii Sports, which I use for exercise too. I like that it adjusts to each user's skill level, so I'm less likely to get frustrated and give up. Of the Sports games, I like the bowling and tennis, and I'm getting better at the golf game. Of the Wii Fit games, I like the Rhythm Boxing and the Basic Step the most. The balance games are a challenge (too much so sometimes). The soccer heading game is aggravating!!! The Strength Training and yoga poses also need more balance than I can usually muster.

I bought the Wii console online last summer and a few months later I bought the Wii Fit at Target. Circuit City had Wii Fit at that time too.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote