Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Definetly OT, but need some advice

I have been a long-time "full-fledged" member of the forum, yet I am now being "told" that I am here as a visitor, only, and must log in every time I want to access the forum. Many, many months ago, I asked about this (I believe it might have been Chemar who responded at that time), and it seemed that I had originally been logged in under a different e-mail address. I finally realized that it might have been Doreen (my pwp) who had originally joined the group under her e-mail address. I told Chemar (or whoever) about this, and she changed the e-mail address to mine. For a time, all was well with this change having been made. However, for the past few months, I am not being told, again, that I am only a visitor!!! I can readily log in by supplying the necessary information, but, I guess it's the idea that I feel that I am not considered to be a regular member that's bothering me!!! lol...silly, I guess...yet, I seem to have a need to know that I am a "regular member"!!!! Can anyone help me with this? Maybe it's my ego that needs "fixing"!!! lol

Thank you...
Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

therese,
That's just terrible. You have been here for a long time. I hope one of the moderators will find this and fix the problem for good.

GregD
Old 11-30-2008, 05:23 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blush moderators can help

Therese,

I know it's confusing! But I know the moderators can help.

Contact Chemar again and explain everything. They can see when there are two people with the same IP address that log in - but if there are two people with two logins from the same location - then I'm pretty sure it's "legal." What isn't "legal" is for one person to have two logins.

I know that isn't the case with you - and I'm sure this can be taken care of if you PM Chemar !

best of luck,

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:07 PM #4
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Therese
I have been trying to email you for some time but your ISP bounces back all my emails

it appears that your system is blocking "cookies" from NeuroTalk and so you are not recognized when trying to log in. If you allow cookies and check the remember me box you should be ok

hope that helps

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GregD (11-30-2008), jeanb (11-30-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have the same problem sometimes

I think it's just technology gone crazy. It doesn't happen for months, then all of a sudden I have no status. I assumed it was a setting either on my computer or the system. Whatever...

I'd like to know what causes the problem too...although I havn't had it for a few months. Does anyone else ever have it happen?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 AM #6
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

theresa...what browser are you using?

with interent explorer, you add the nt url to the list of safe sites. i can help you with that. jo can probably help if you are using another browser.

i had the same problem. i had to log in each time. i still log out a lot, since i'm not the only one who uses this computer. plus lil'monkey has her own nt account.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM #7
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
I think it's just technology gone crazy. It doesn't happen for months, then all of a sudden I have no status. I assumed it was a setting either on my computer or the system. Whatever...

I'd like to know what causes the problem too...although I havn't had it for a few months. Does anyone else ever have it happen?
hi rose

it can happen after you run disk cleanup or spyware cleaner programs. some will clean out all your saved passwords.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (12-01-2008)
Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You

First, I must apologize to all who responded to my request for help with logging into NeuroTalk. Thank you, all. I am embarrassed to say that I had forgotten about having asked the question, but I attribute this to the fact that I've had a few difficult situations arise in my life. I think I have mentioned to you in the past that my younger daughter Kim lost her 26-year old daughter in a horrific auto accident in May, and I am still trying to help her through the grieving process..very difficult to do in that she lives in Orlando, FL and I live in New Jersey so that I am doing all I can for her via telephone, notes...and prayers. Just recently, my oldest daughter Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer and the prognosis for her is not good...she can be treated to prolong her life, but she cannot be cured...although it is my understanding that one is never really cured of this dreaded disease. Karen's cancer is already very invasive...stage 3b-4. She knew that she had a breast lump for quite a long time which continued to grow...yet she did nothing about it...would not see a doctor. So many people have questioned why an intelligent young woman like Karen would have taken this course; however, it is my opinion that she was just "plain scared" to know the truth. She, too, lives in Orlando, FL, although she is now with her daughter in Atlanta where she will be treated. I had no intention of sharing all this with all of you...really just wanted to "excuse myself" for not responding when all of you were so kind to try to help me with my logging in problem. I have been having problems lately with others telling me that their e-mails to me are "bouncing back" so that I must check this out with webtv...although, I have already been told that anything with a 10% or more "whatever" (can't remember the term)...such as with photos and very long articles will fill my e-mail box quickly. This may be valid, but I have to wonder why I've only experienced this problem recently. I've had the webtv for 11-12 years and never had a problem. I think it was my "pride" that was hurt when I was told that I was only a visitor!!! Certainly, the logging in process is not difficult so that I really do think it was my pride more than anything else. At any rate, I will follow Chemar's instructions and see what happens.

Again, thank you all for responding...appreciate it very much...

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote