Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default happy ho ho

i am actually having my pd dxd challenged again. went into er twice and again they are saying 'not pd, anxiety disorder". discharge instructions read "no sinemet, no mirapex .. increase clonazapan to 2 tabs of 1 mg 3 times daily, benedryl every 6 hours. this is to continue until i get into see neuro on the 17th.

in between laying in bed and being able to move, crying in frustration and screaming, i am trying to maintain a sense of sanity.so, i am going to focus on humorous moments now.

i accedently lit my acrylic thumbnail on fire while lighting a smoke, and since it was dark, and i had no glasses, i thought it was still the lighter, untill i felt the burning sensation on my skin. it is amazing how flamable the polish is, but the acrylic remained unharmed. i thought it may be a sign to give up smoking, but all i find is i want to smoke more. and i know now how to keep a flame lit when its windy. just light a fingernail.

it has become interesting to see how a rhode islander drives, and even more interesting in watching or HEARING the reactions of non-rhode islanders. it is like going on a ride with one of the dukes of hazard in the bat mobile. oh, btw, the language is from "passion". but, we get from point a to point b despite my directions.. and for this, i give lots of kudos.

i managed to find a beautiful used regulater steel string guitar from a fellow parkie. picking it is a challenge with finger picks not as long as my nails, but i did finally find use for my metal bar piece that broke off of my wheelchair brake. makes a perfect slide.

we are eating international cuissine ala americana as we visit the local food restraraunts near our hotel. mexican from taco bell, chinese from a china/bbq buffet, italian from the local pizza hut, and whoever invented icecream got us to dairy queen.

jerry springer, i discovered, can be amusing. as well as channel surfing can be addicting.

so can limewire, myspace, and youtube.

meanwhile, i hang in there, i miss my home and family, and my pug. and christmas is right around the corner.

will keep you posted

advertisement
Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura,
I wish you the best through this. I love sarcastically) ER doctors. They look for the quick path to an easy cure. In your case it's stress that's causing the problems. Well duh, when we're stressed, the symptoms are worse. The benzo will make things worse, or at least it does for me.

Take it easy and I'm sure you'll be home before Christmas.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:47 PM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Arrow dear dear harley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
i am actually having my pd dxd challenged again. went into er twice and again they are saying 'not pd, anxiety disorder". discharge instructions read "no sinemet, no mirapex .. increase clonazapan to 2 tabs of 1 mg 3 times daily, benedryl every 6 hours. this is to continue until i get into see neuro on the 17th.

in between laying in bed and being able to move, crying in frustration and screaming, i am trying to maintain a sense of sanity.so, i am going to focus on humorous moments now.

i accedently lit my acrylic thumbnail on fire while lighting a smoke, and since it was dark, and i had no glasses, i thought it was still the lighter, untill i felt the burning sensation on my skin. it is amazing how flamable the polish is, but the acrylic remained unharmed. i thought it may be a sign to give up smoking, but all i find is i want to smoke more. and i know now how to keep a flame lit when its windy. just light a fingernail.

it has become interesting to see how a rhode islander drives, and even more interesting in watching or HEARING the reactions of non-rhode islanders. it is like going on a ride with one of the dukes of hazard in the bat mobile. oh, btw, the language is from "passion". but, we get from point a to point b despite my directions.. and for this, i give lots of kudos.

i managed to find a beautiful used regulater steel string guitar from a fellow parkie. picking it is a challenge with finger picks not as long as my nails, but i did finally find use for my metal bar piece that broke off of my wheelchair brake. makes a perfect slide.

we are eating international cuissine ala americana as we visit the local food restraraunts near our hotel. mexican from taco bell, chinese from a china/bbq buffet, italian from the local pizza hut, and whoever invented icecream got us to dairy queen.

jerry springer, i discovered, can be amusing. as well as channel surfing can be addicting.

so can limewire, myspace, and youtube.

meanwhile, i hang in there, i miss my home and family, and my pug. and christmas is right around the corner.

will keep you posted
next time you go to the ER, remember to let them know you have been on the damn PD medication forever, and tell them to call your neurologist
still think you should be looked at by Dr. Michel Levesque....
please - you can get an angel flight out there for free - and you can also have a flight for a free companion.
I do not have any money or I would give it to you dear harley -
it cost alot to travel - you can always call and complain or leave it on Obama's health care blog on youtube, which is in my signature...
also I would ask every question - until you finally are given what you need
you are tired etc, the time of year - etc, but know this -
the love of God can cause doors to open for you, so pray and I will pray for you too...

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Laugh Merry everything ta youse, too

Hi harley,

I posted this on the fisherman&bikerbabe thread but I see that the subject of ERs came up here.

This link takes you to an article on the APDA website called something like "Why PWP Should Not Go to the ER: http://www.apdaparkinson.org/data/Bo.../APDASUP16.pdf

So now it's your fault, ROFL!!

OK, back to jolly and bright.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote