advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help me please. I can’t bear it anymore

I know this sounds pathetic but my boyfriend just left me. He wont tell me why all he said was that we wouldn’t last. I love him. He was my life. I really want to die but I cant stand to leave my mother behind. She suffers from depression too. I’ve been on 4 antidepressants. Yesterday I was at my psychiatrist and she was going to put me on something else. I’ve recently taken prozac so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I don’t want to leave but I’m afraid I have to spare my mother. I just can’t take it. I’ve been crying since yesterday and I haven’t eaten. Please someone help me deal with this.
gabriel4097 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (12-28-2008), Doody (12-24-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008), tamiloo (12-28-2008)

advertisement
Old 12-24-2008, 10:41 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin

I know how it feel when a relationship ends. I was divorced and now I am remarried for over 20 years. Believe me you need to go out with friends, find a hobby or do some volunteer work. Lets face it life is what you make of it. I have a severely disabled child he is 25, I care for my parents, I work full time and I help my daughter with her 3 year old son and she is pregnant with twin girls. I have no time for myself and sometimes wish I would just go to sleep forever. Ending your life is selfish and not only that when you tell someone you broke up with that, that is how you feel it does not make them want to work it out it makes them glad they left when they did. Give yourself some time to heal and then get out there. I know you can do it. If I can anyone can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel4097 View Post
I know this sounds pathetic but my boyfriend just left me. He wont tell me why all he said was that we wouldn’t last. I love him. He was my life. I really want to die but I cant stand to leave my mother behind. She suffers from depression too. I’ve been on 4 antidepressants. Yesterday I was at my psychiatrist and she was going to put me on something else. I’ve recently taken prozac so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I don’t want to leave but I’m afraid I have to spare my mother. I just can’t take it. I’ve been crying since yesterday and I haven’t eaten. Please someone help me deal with this.
sotierd45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008), who moi (12-24-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You should never let anyone be your life. You sound like a wonderful person who is hurt like anyone would be. He sounds like an ***. Who breaks up with someone on Christmas Eve. It sounds like you got out of this relationship in time. Besides if you hurt yourself how will he ever know what a jerk he is. You want him to see you in a few years happy, healthy and doing what ever in life that you want. If you kill yourself he will just tell everyone THANK GOD I LEFT THAT PHYCO! Live long and happy. And if you do it the only people you will hurt are those you left behind.Does your family deserve that pain?
sotierd45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008), who moi (12-24-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM #4
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I have moved this here as you sound like you need the support of this group

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-24-2008, 03:18 PM #5
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

affairs of the heart is a tough matter, gabriel...

you feel like your heart's been shattered to millions of pieces, you feel like no one will ever love you again and then you feel like you've invested all these time in him and now...

poof...gone....

but sortierd is right...you WANT to live and let him see that you are OK, that you can do it without him. You WANT him to see that you are strong and that you DON'T need him to have a life...

the first thing you have to do, is learn to love yourself first...

and YES, your mother would miss you very much...

do you have friends that you can talk to or that can come visit you? Is your pdoc available when you have an "emergency?"

Cry a good cry, and get angry...get angry at him...make a voodoo doll of him....

take away all the HOPES of "what if's"

"What if he comes back...."
"what if I kill myself, what would he do?"
"What if he broke up with me because I was too depressed?"
"what if I change this, or that, or what ever"
"what if, what if, what if...."

NO what if's...take out yourself doubts...don't doubt yourself...think good things of yourself...

it's easier said than done, I know, but if you start to doubt yourself, you are going to lose...

KEEP the HOPE of "I WILL"

"I will get stronger"
"I will beat this"
"I will stay alive"
"I will SHOW him"
"I will be here for my mom"

this experience will make you stronger for your next one.....stick around...you'll see...
((((HUGS))))

Quote:

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 12-24-2008 at 03:37 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (12-24-2008), Alffe (01-05-2009), barbo (12-28-2008), Doody (12-24-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), pono (12-26-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 03:32 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Please listen to those above... you are worth sticking around this world sweetie!

PLEASE read here: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread4982.html
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((hugs))) Gabriel.....life is not an easy road. I am sorry you are in so much pain right now. And it may feel like it won't get better. It probably does right now. But, it DOES, with time, get better. It takes a while for those meds to work. Are you getting therapy? Sometimes you need therapy with the meds. You may also have to try different antidepressants to find the one that will work for you. There are joys, and love waiting for you a little down the road. But you will never get the chance to experience them if you give it all up now. You do have a future, even if it doesn't look like it right now. And the pain does get better. I promise you this. I have walked this path, as have many others here. I don't say this to minimize your pain, I know it is overwhelming you right now. Please pick up a phone before making a decision that would hurt your family for the rest of their lives, and that person who is in your future. Take care.... and keep coming back, and reading when you can.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (12-28-2008), pono (12-26-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 PM #8
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I'm sorry. This "man" is not the definition of you...please do not give him that power over you. Maybe he did you a favor by leaving and maybe as Mistiis suggested you will meet Mr.Right....

I hope you will come back and post....and please, click on my signature and read it.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), pono (12-26-2008), Spanish Moss (12-24-2008), who moi (12-25-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:21 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Gabriel - (What a great name, especially this time of year..)

Wonderful words of wisdom from those who understand and have walked where you walk.

I am left as a family member of someone who did not make the same choice as you. I applaud your thinking of your mom. An impulsive act to try and rid yourself of this pain would only multiply the pain in the lives of those you left behind - forever. Never a resolution - never a second chance - never an opportunity to help.

A heartbreak is something most of us have experienced...and we all do manage to get through it eventually and you will too!

Hang in there and keep talking....
Spanish Moss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-05-2009), barbo (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), pono (12-26-2008), who moi (12-25-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM #10
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

(((Gabriel))). The pain of any loss is so difficult. But, you will survive, I promise. It will get better. So many of us have walked in those shoes so we can say with much love, you will get better. You baby yourself and do things that make you feel comfort.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-05-2009), barbo (12-28-2008), mistiis (12-24-2008), pono (12-26-2008), Spanish Moss (12-25-2008), who moi (12-25-2008)