advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default just wonder

I'm trying to understand my PN, become friendly with the symptomes and try not to fear from new flares and so. For this - I need your help.
My DX is - idiopathic,sensory, SFSN. One neurologist think it is genetic the other one think it is toxic or a type of sensory GBS (since the "numbness" is all over my body). All the tests I did till now came out normal.
Well, coming to the point. The pains started afternoon, but after taking a nap or after sleeping at night - all I have is the numbness and tinglings and "heavy" legs. How your pains behave?
amit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-02-2009, 08:15 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I'm trying to understand my PN, become friendly with the symptomes and try not to fear from new flares and so. For this - I need your help.
My DX is - idiopathic,sensory, SFSN. One neurologist think it is genetic the other one think it is toxic or a type of sensory GBS (since the "numbness" is all over my body). All the tests I did till now came out normal.
Well, coming to the point. The pains started afternoon, but after taking a nap or after sleeping at night - all I have is the numbness and tinglings and "heavy" legs. How your pains behave?
hi, I am 48 yr old femal with idipathic sensory motor pn, not done with all my tests. My symptoms are different from week to week. I too have the most problems in the afternoon. I even started have sharp almost stabbing pains in my torso. Since mine is motor, I have these muscle fasciculations, and muscle aching. I am trying so hard to be calm, and not let my anxiety level shoot. My pains are better in the morning also. I just noticed my symptoms Jun of 08. Are you on any meds? and is the tingling tolerable? So far mine I can live with, not great though. I wonder if mine has anything to do with menapause. Is your skin sensitive? If they think yours is toxic, is there anything you can do? Well I dont know if I helped you, but its such a hard diagnosis, because no one really knows too much, and no one understands lynn
sadfeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 AM #3
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I have a few triggers...

1) Some foods trigger me. a) potatoes are a culprit
and b) glutamate. The Chinese place we use typically for
carry out never puts MSG in the food. They even provide packets of soy sauce that are labeled MSG free. But last night they must have had a new cook... my feet were awful!
Any MSG added to food and I am miserable. Also certain tomato sauces will cause burning for me, but not all. Currently I like Bertolli brand.

2)rapid changes in barometric pressure with the attendent severe weather it brings will surely affect my feet. My arthritis will also flare in pain.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Almost like having allergies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
carry out never puts MSG in the food. They even provide packets of soy sauce that are labeled MSG free. But last night they must have had a new cook... my feet were awful!
Any MSG added to food and I am miserable. Also certain tomato sauces will cause burning for me, but not all. Currently I like Bertolli brand.

2)rapid changes in barometric pressure with the attendent severe weather it brings will surely affect my feet. My arthritis will also flare in pain.

After 4 years of frustration with the ups and downs. I feel that the flair ups are like having allergies. Even though I don't have any allergies. My PN is still a bugger! Can NOT get a handle on the antagonists of my foot pain. Alcohol...exercise....sweets....stress....not taking meds...taking too many meds....moods.....Aaaaaaargh! It is maddening.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Relax, Jack
Everything should settle down
by the 10th (or 20th ) year !!
(just joking - gotta maintain a sense of humor
or you'll go nuts!!)
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Relax, Jack
Everything should settle down
by the 10th (or 20th ) year !!
(just joking - gotta maintain a sense of humor
or you'll go nuts!!)
I was just sitting here reading your post, when I got a zap in my right foot out of the blue. Seriously, it is like trying to put a lid on a container that doesn't quite fit, and occasionally it pops up!
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:27 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"out of the blue" that's it!!! ... quick - someone get to work on that!

Last edited by DanP; 01-05-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: change meaning
DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

17th year and still counting Bob

Dan - have you tried hitting the other foot with a hammer? Sure takes your mind off the Zap

Take care both of you

Tony
Adastra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post

Oh shoot. I'd forgotten about the weather changes. No wonder my feet are going nuts! We had a quick cold front blow through this afternoon bringing snow with it. I haven't found foods that trigger me as far as I can tell. Weather changes yes. Stress, sometimes depending on what it's from. If I've gotten really angry that seems to trigger some of it. I don't often get that kind of angry.

Burning, tingling,and the shooting/stabbing type pains are unusually fierce tonight. Numbness would almost be a welcome change.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Right now, I have only had PN for almost three months. Currently, I have it all over my body. The bad news? The pains are sharp, stinging, electrical, stabbing with horrible muscle cramps thrown in. My pain like so many in that it seems to get worse as the day progresses into the night. The good news, at least for now, is that I have no numbness, no weakness, or no balance problems. Of course that could change....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote