advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Help with symptoms

Hello, My name is Danielle and I was wondering if you folks might be able to help me. I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (weight loss surgery) in April of 2007 and got pregnant 6 months later. The pregnancy went fine besides loosing a ton more weight and hardly being able to keep food down for most of the time. 3 months post partum I have developed numbness and tingling in my hands and feet and sometimes I have really bad pain in my spine with zappy feelings in my back. My muscles feel weak sometimes and twitch a lot. I feel overwhelmed with depression and sometimes have full blown panic attacks. I am afraid I am dying. The soles of my feet and my hands turn bright red and feel so numb sometimes. I lost the tastebuds on half of my tongue (They grew back in a week) and get white patches inside my right cheek (Like I bit my cheek while chewing). I get a rash on my arms when I carry something. Not like a raised bumpy rash, but a rash like under my skin,blotchy red. It goes away in a few minutes. I wake up at night in a panic and have a hard time going back to sleep. I get dizzy when I first stand up and I get constipated a lot.(sorry, TMI) Also my hands and feet get cold a lot. I am losing hair like crazy. I have dry skin and chapped lips chronically. My hands shake a lot too. Sorry this is so scatterbrained sounding, that is just how my brain is lately. I have three children, only one was born post VSG. I read that weight loss surgery can sometimes bring MS on in patients. I am considering going to a Rhumatologist, but fear that they will tel me the same that they tell all of you. "It's in your head, here is some zoloft, etc. "

I have been blood tested and had 2 MRI, one on my brain and one on my Upper spine. I got the results from both of them. I do not kow how to read them. My Neuro said he does not think I have MS. But what is wrong with me? I have been told also by blood tests that I am Vitamin B and Vitamin D deficient. However, My ANA blood titer was 1:80, I was told that was a "Low Positive".

I know you get a lot of us newbies in here and probably get tired of repeating yourself. I am a mom of threee, sitting here crying, sticken with fear that I am dying and will not be able to raise my children. I am crying out asking for Any feedback. I will be sooo grateful!!!

Thank you!
Kelsolake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Welcome Danielle..

It sounds like you may be starting on the Diagnosis Journey or merry-go-round..

Keep talking with your Neuro and having all the necessary tests.....and hang with us for support.

Hey, Congrats for losing that extra person, you were carrying around...and I don't mean the new Baby.. ..Oh, Congrats on your 3 great Kids.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 PM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi danielle,

welcome to NT. i'm glad you're here.
i would suggest that you find a good internist and pcp.
they should do a complete physical and begin to tx some of your sx's.
the vit D etc can make you feel very tired and it can be turned around fairly quickly with supplements.

you also need to tell your dr about your depression. you might have postpartum depression and this too can be tx'd very successfully.

if your dr isn't listening to you and helping you you need to find another.
your hair loss must be a sx of something else but i don't know enuf to make suggestions.

please see a good internist and keep us posted.
you can feel better. don't give up.
and congrats on your new baby.

ps...could you ask a friend or family for some help while you get this all straightened out?
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (01-07-2009), SallyC (01-06-2009)