Pets & Wildlife For discussion of the pets in our lives, and the wildlife we come across.

advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Little white dog running down the gravel road

We live about a quarter mile from our mailbox, down the lane to the gravel road.
It is a mile to the next house. Most houses I see look friendly enough, most have a tractor, a combine and a lot of dogs.
I stepped out on our porch one day and when I looked up I saw a little white dog running down the gravel road. I didn't give much thought about it, after all
everyone out here has dogs, not to mention myself who has seven. My Golden
Retrievers are three years old but blind since birth. We take particular care with
them. This area is well known for the place to dump your dog. Awhile back we helped Pandora, the pit bull, get back to to her owner. She was wearing I.D. and was simply lost.
I asked my son if he had seen that little white dog running down the gravel road. He said that he did but it ran away.
I went back to my chores, dishes, sweeping the floor and being the referee
for Oliver the poodle and Raylee the italian greyhound, playing tug of war. Our house is usually strewn with doggy toys and it would not be hard to see
that this is a pet friendly home. That same day I took five of our dogs out to their pen and was taking the Golden's out the front. When I opened the door
there sat the little white dog running down the gravel road. She was shaking from the cold. At first she growled but when she saw that I was going to help her, she softened immediately. After taking a good look at her, I could see that she was a Bishon. She didn't have a collar so no I.D. I wondered how many miles she had traveled. I began to call her Milly Mile. I knew that I couldn't keep her, so what now? I kept looking in the newspaper to see if
someone had lost Milly Mile. There was none. I put her in the paper in the found column. There was no response. I put her in the paper to find Milly Mile a good home. There was several people that called but I was more or less giving interviews. Finally, a man who already had one Bishon offered her a good home. I was really excited for her. She would also have a friend to play with. A kind man had given the little white dog running down the gravel road
a home. Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (01-08-2009), Lara (01-09-2009)

advertisement
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 AM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh, what a good story ((Doodle)) thanks for sharing that. Poor little baby! And thanks for doing what you did!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doodle bug7 (01-08-2009)