advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Geez!

I woke up this morning feeling horrendous! My feet were burning so bad, and my wife and I were to go out to a comedy club tonight with her work staff. I felt horrible telling her I couldn't go. I quit taking Lyrica two days ago to determine if... maybe, with no alcohol, sweets, and staying off my elliptical machine, I could continue to feel some relief. NOT! I'm back on the Lyrica, and the pain is somewhat tolerable. It is so depressing. I also am addicted to vidcodin. I have been on it for 4 years. I was switched to hydocodone last week. I really want to get off narcotics...but I feel terrible when I try to wean myself of vicodin. I'm hoping I can slowly ease myself off the hydro. I don't need to be told about the addictive aspects of either, but I just want to be relatively pain free for a period of time and give my brain a rest. Honestly, with the Lyrica, tramadol, and vicodin or the hydrocodone, I can actually function...but what a terrible cocktail!
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-18-2009, 07:00 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well...a new day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakatak View Post
I woke up this morning feeling horrendous! My feet were burning so bad, and my wife and I were to go out to a comedy club tonight with her work staff. I felt horrible telling her I couldn't go. I quit taking Lyrica two days ago to determine if... maybe, with no alcohol, sweets, and staying off my elliptical machine, I could continue to feel some relief. NOT! I'm back on the Lyrica, and the pain is somewhat tolerable. It is so depressing. I also am addicted to vidcodin. I have been on it for 4 years. I was switched to hydocodone last week. I really want to get off narcotics...but I feel terrible when I try to wean myself of vicodin. I'm hoping I can slowly ease myself off the hydro. I don't need to be told about the addictive aspects of either, but I just want to be relatively pain free for a period of time and give my brain a rest. Honestly, with the Lyrica, tramadol, and vicodin or the hydrocodone, I can actually function...but what a terrible cocktail!
Today is a different day and my feet feel wonderful. Why? I'm taking my Lyrica...150mgs 3x's a day. Taking 2 tramadol, and 2 hydrocodone 3 x's a day. I don't like taking the drugs, but my feet almost feel normal.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote