advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default So tired...

I have been feeling sad and pretty crappy for about a month. I am in a funk and thought I'd come here and complain to those that will understand how I am feeling. I have been exhausted for over a month now. I can drink two cups of coffee, then take a 2 hour nap right after, and still wake up exhausted.

I won't go into all the boring details but I am – make that was – active in my DD's Girl Scout troop and the PTSA at her school. This week I informed both groups that I can no longer hold my positions and next year they need to find a replacement. It really hurts that I can no longer do these simple jobs and help out in my DD's activities.

I also had to tell my BIL that I can't watch his twins anymore because of how I have been feeling. Then I feel bad because I can't help out. I love watching the twins and their older sister. I can't even hold one of the twins for long when we go visiting.

To make these worse I feel like all my DH and DD do is criticize things I do. From the way I shoveled the driveway to the fact that I didn't mash the potatoes enough in the mashed potatoes and everything in between. I'm sure I feel this way because of how I have been feeling and it's probably not that bad. My DH works horrible, crazy hours and most weeks he is not around to help in the house for days and if he is, he is sleeping (he works a lot of nights).

On top of all this, we are still waiting to get water. We have a private well and it has high levels of arsenic, along with our neighbors. We have to pay for the insulation of the pipes which will be added to our taxes and also pay a plumber – in cash – to connect us to the pipes. I am feeling overwhelmed at how much money we need to come up with by Spring. That just adds to my awful mood. And I'm tired of buying gallons of bottled water every week, filling up jugs of water at my parents' house and lugging it all home.

Okay, I'm done with my rant. Thanks for reading. I need a vacation. Some place warm and sunny on a beach with a drink in my hand. Anyone want to join me???
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (02-07-2009), NurseNancy (02-08-2009), SallyC (02-09-2009), soxmom (02-12-2009), Twinkletoes (02-08-2009)

advertisement
Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gee whiz girl; with all you have going on no wonder you are tired!!

My gosh you need a buddy you can talk to and who can relate to what you are going through...

Wait...that's why we are here!!

I am sending you a cyber hug and I am sure you will get LOTS more!

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-07-2009)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:56 PM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm picturing a beautiful, moderately warm sandy beach with all of us on it, and a bucket o' margueritas in the middle....

PolarExpress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-07-2009)
Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Being a bit computer illiterate, I cannot do more than .

Fatigue is difficult. There are meds that can help. Venting is good though.

You do A LOT. I am impressed with you.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009), Twinkletoes (02-08-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 AM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

my heart goes out to you! these days I can certainly feel your pain inside and out.

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be NO courage unless you're scared.
yeahbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 05:00 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karousel View Post
I have been exhausted for over a month now. I can drink two cups of coffee, then take a 2 hour nap right after, and still wake up exhausted. ........

Okay, I'm done with my rant. Thanks for reading. I need a vacation. Some place warm and sunny on a beach with a drink in my hand. Anyone want to join me???
I am SO there. I'm sorry you're feeling exhausted. I know how disruptive that feeling can be (not sure if my own tiredness is MS, work, stress, weather or a combination of all four but....enough of my 'me too!' ). Suffice to say, I hope you feel better soon and I'm following you to that sunny beach!!! You deserve a break!!!
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009), SallyC (02-09-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 05:04 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I knew if I told you, you'd all understand! Thanks so much. Just writing about it helped me. Gotta go shopping for those beach clothes...
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (02-08-2009), SallyC (02-09-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 PM #8
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i'm sorry you're going thru so much right now.

fatigue is a difficult problem to deal with.
and i can relate how hard it is to not be able to do things we used to.

it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of stress as well as you can.
and, taking care of priority home issues.

maybe when that settles down you'll be up to enjoying other activities.

in the meantime...
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That sounds like I sounded before I was diagnosed with thyroid disease...the day after them putting me on medicine, I felt good again..have a doc do some tests on you if you can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karousel View Post
I have been feeling sad and pretty crappy for about a month. I am in a funk and thought I'd come here and complain to those that will understand how I am feeling. I have been exhausted for over a month now. I can drink two cups of coffee, then take a 2 hour nap right after, and still wake up exhausted.

I won't go into all the boring details but I am – make that was – active in my DD's Girl Scout troop and the PTSA at her school. This week I informed both groups that I can no longer hold my positions and next year they need to find a replacement. It really hurts that I can no longer do these simple jobs and help out in my DD's activities.

I also had to tell my BIL that I can't watch his twins anymore because of how I have been feeling. Then I feel bad because I can't help out. I love watching the twins and their older sister. I can't even hold one of the twins for long when we go visiting.

To make these worse I feel like all my DH and DD do is criticize things I do. From the way I shoveled the driveway to the fact that I didn't mash the potatoes enough in the mashed potatoes and everything in between. I'm sure I feel this way because of how I have been feeling and it's probably not that bad. My DH works horrible, crazy hours and most weeks he is not around to help in the house for days and if he is, he is sleeping (he works a lot of nights).

On top of all this, we are still waiting to get water. We have a private well and it has high levels of arsenic, along with our neighbors. We have to pay for the insulation of the pipes which will be added to our taxes and also pay a plumber – in cash – to connect us to the pipes. I am feeling overwhelmed at how much money we need to come up with by Spring. That just adds to my awful mood. And I'm tired of buying gallons of bottled water every week, filling up jugs of water at my parents' house and lugging it all home.

vanessaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 PM #10
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I guess it's time to stop shoveling the driveway and also time to quit making mashed potatoes.

If they're going to complain about it, maybe they need to do it themselves?

If you really like mashed potatoes and dont want to do them the old fashioned way anymore. This brand of potatoes is pretty tasty. My dad buys them because he'd rather spend more time on the main course when he's cooking. (my mom cant cook, and I'm still learning) I like the garlic mashed that they make, but recently discovered the sour cream flavor (never was a sour cream eater until just recently.)

You might spend a little more if you dont get them on sale or with a coupon, but it saves time and the even-more-important energy. I'm all about saving energy. (my dad has a heart condition and we both now understand that fatigue sucks and anything that keeps us from becoming exhausted is better than doing it the hard way)

Now I'm hungry for mashed potatoes.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-08-2009), SallyC (02-09-2009)