Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In March 1-7, 2009

Hello Everyone..March is finally here, but they're calling for another snow storm Sunday into Monday..Ya just cant win sometimes!!

Well, I really screwed up big time this week..I finally got a decent day to go and drill that broken starter bolt out of my outboard motor..I did such a good job of drilling, that I drilled right through the broken piece of bolt, and straight through the intake manifold..So after a couple of hours of fiddling around, I finally got the starter back in..started her up, and she ran fine for about a minute, and then it started rapping like a cement mixer..Evidently, when I drilled through the intake manifold, I got a piece of metal in there, and it got sucked into the cylinder, and blew the motor..Just what I didnt need!!...But hey!..The starter works just fine now!....So, I have to pull the boat out of the water, and bring it in the shop after next Wednesday

Went to one of my support group meetings this morning, and it was a good meeting with a few new members..Mary Ellen Thibodeau, who became the new Parkinsons Nurse in Rhode Island about 2 years ago has really put our small state on the map..She has reached out to more parkies than I can count, and some of our support group meetings have gotten so large, that they have had to move into a place that has a bigger meeting room..She has been an absolute blessing to our community..I singed up for the Unity Walk in Central Park yesterday, so Im finally going to get there after three years of planning..Our local APDA charters a bus, and it's gonna cost us $30 a piece to go, with all the frills included..Should be lots of fun!!

I have a photostory program on my computer that Laura turned me on to, and taught me how to use it..So here is a photostory I put together, and uploaded to youtube about my life as a commercial fisherman..Hope yooze all like it

How was your week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5l35-BrP8
Curious (03-02-2009)

advertisement
Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Neat video!
stevem53 (03-04-2009)
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Awesome Video

Steve,

I really enjoyed watching that video. It is a really neat way to get a glimpse of the things that mean something to someone. Sorry to hear about the motor. I am sure you will get it up and going again in no time.

I started the COQ10 last week. So far, I have not noticed a difference. I have been exercising and that has helped lift my spirits a little bit this past week. That...and the fact that we actually had two sunny days in a row here! I never realized how much that really affects me. We are actually thinking about possibly moving back to the high desert of California again. There is a lot to think about and I don't want to make any decisions right now. We are planning to go and visit there in July and I will probably have a better idea after the visit.

After a couple of e-mails back and forth with my MDS, he feels that my symptoms are related to Fibromyalgia and anxiety. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in April of 2008. I never really bought the diagnosis because of the fact that I had a tremor. As far as the anxiety, I have had that on and off for about six years. I still think that there is something else going on and I am going to keep pursuing it.

Well, that is is for me. I just wanted to check in and say hello.

TTYL,

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (03-04-2009)