advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 03:04 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A hint from Oxford Biomedica?

Oxford BioMedica looks to move on from a challenging 2008
Friday , March 13, 2009

<excerpt>

It also has promising results from ProSavin, a novel gene-based treatment for Parkinson's disease currently in a phase I/II trial.

Dawson added: "Both TroVax and ProSavin have substantial potential for value creation. By concentrating our resources on these programmes, maintaining our financial flexibility and pursuing our commercial activities, I believe that we are well-positioned for the future."

<excerpt>

http://www.pharmafocus.com/cda/focus...492595,00.html
caldeerster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default webcast link for prosavin update

Hello Caldeerster,

If you're interested in Oxford Biomedica's experimental prosavin trial, and you have some time to spare, then I recommend the company's latest (annual results 2008) webcast.

You can listen and see some accompanying slides by visiting the company's site () and by following the link under investors and webcasts at the top of the page. There is separate information about prosavin on that webpage too (under products and advanced pipeline in the same header).

(it takes a little time to buffer / load the march webcast but bear with it)

A lot of the information on the beginning of the webcast is about a cancer vaccine called trovax on another trial, but if you stick with it until they get to Slide 13 on the slideshow, then you'll get more information on the experimental PD treatment called prosavin than you read in the news article that you quoted.

The part of interest to you will be from slide 13 to slide 18.

I'm not a medical professional and I can't give you any advice or hope for this - but I do know that the phase 1 human trial is a two dose trial - the first low dose part is complete (which is what you will hear them talking about) and the higher (full dose) test completes in June this year.

If that is a success, then they intend to move quickly to much bigger trials.

As with all these early experimental treatments though, nothing is certain until the results of the trials are in, and then even if everything goes as hoped, it will still take until 2013 to get to market. Also the first six trial patients have all been French nationals at a hospital in Paris (I assume a larger PIII trial would be multi-national but I don’t know).

Please bear all that in mind if you got the impression from the news link that it would be on the market in the very near future.

I hope the above is of some use to you if you have an interest in following the progress of the Prosavin trial, and if so, then remember to keep an eye on the Oxford Biomedica website in early June when you should find out how the higher dose patients went on.

Regards & best of luck to you.
Forsbrand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote