Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In March 15-21, 2009

Hi Everyone..The weather has finally broke here..Some days in the 50's and sunny..I got alot done this week, and I should be putting my boat back in the water tomorrow, after a whole lot of tinkering around with this n' that..I thought I needed a starter, so I bought a rebuilt one, and the damn thing doesnt work, so I'll bring it back Monday, and see if I can get a refund..Usually on electonic stuff, once you buy it, you own it..We will see..I wasted atleast 2 hours playing around with that damn thing..You have it in your head that its new so something else must be wrong..I took every wire off that was connected to the starter and solenoid, and cleaned them, changed the battery, then finally put the old starter back on, and the motor started right up....Well..atleast its fixed

We had our monthly APDA board meeting this past Tuesday, and I told the board when it came my turn to report on what Ive been doing, which has been nothing, so I asked them to give me an assignment..My assignment was to come up with a name for our team at the Unity Walk..Then I got an e-mail last night asking me if I wanted to be the team Captain..So watch what you ask for, cuz you just might get it!!

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM #2
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Not Much

Hi Steve,

Been off the board about a year. Last time I posted you were very depressed because you sold your boat which you used commercially for checking your lobster pots.

Are you still catching lobsters, or is fishing turning more into a food on the table gig? Glad you haven't given up on boating all together!! Too bad the states aren't dry anymore. My grandfather made extra cash as a rumrunner, from Detroit to Ontario.

I also enjoy the wonderful pictures you place in your posts of the coast. I used to live in Michigan surrounded by the greatlakes and my Grandpa took me fishing.

Keep us up to date with things. Have you still sworn off woman?

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (03-18-2009)
Old 03-15-2009, 10:06 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
Hi Steve,

Been off the board about a year. Last time I posted you were very depressed because you sold your boat which you used commercially for checking your lobster pots.

Are you still catching lobsters, or is fishing turning more into a food on the table gig? Glad you haven't given up on boating all together!! Too bad the states aren't dry anymore. My grandfather made extra cash as a rumrunner, from Detroit to Ontario.

I also enjoy the wonderful pictures you place in your posts of the coast. I used to live in Michigan surrounded by the greatlakes and my Grandpa took me fishing.

Keep us up to date with things. Have you still sworn off woman?

Vicky
Welcome back Vicky!!..I was wondering where you disapppeared to?..Im still doing some fishing, but shellfishing now..No more lobsters and fish..I catch clams now..Im still well enough to make a few dollars at it, and its great exercise

Have I sworn off women?..No..they have sworn off me..

Just kidding..No, I havent sworn off women..No matter what happens, if you dont venture out, you dont get to live..There was a time when I was at peace with being alone, and was afraid to compromise that peace at the cost of falling in love, and then having the relationship go sour, and ending up depressed..I specifically feared that, because pd has changed me emotionally..I am very sensative now, vulnerable to depression and anxiety, and over react to sadness, disappointment, rejection, and a host of other assorted emotions..It is what it is, but Im not going to stop living, and dreaming because I have this disease..As a matter of fact I have a date on Wednesday
vlhperry (03-16-2009)
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Teeth Surgery over

It's nice seeing all the different avaters of you Stevem. Have fun on your date on wednesday!
I am now 3 weeks post op on my spinal fusion. Dont know how I did it. The first week was grueling and would often dream that when I woke up the whole surgery thing was just a nightmare. But I am getting better daily. Lots less pain and more walking. I can't drive for 6 weeks and am wearing a body brace for 3-4 months.
Earlier I had started a thread on whether surgery would effect my pd adversely. Well, I am happy to report that I seem to be fine, no more or less of my symptoms. In the hospital tho the nurses had a hard time getting my meds straight and on schedule. There are soo many of them. I could tell that I was not getting the correct amount of mirapex. My legs were constantly wanting to shift back and forth.
My son and daughter will be returning home this week for spring break. I am so excited to see them! With my daughter I will probably be baking cookies, cakes and other goodies. With my son we will probably have nice discussions about art as he is a graphic design major in college and I love art.
Life is good for me! I look forward to getting out of this brace. I have to wear it 24/7. I look forward to driving and going back to work. I will never complain about time off and how I miss it!
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (03-18-2009)
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default back from the operation

Hi Everyone:

I'm back after spoebding nearly 2 weeks in the hospital for an operation and recuperatiion. I am now continuing my rehabilitaion at home. On March 4 I was admitted to Maine Medical foe a kbee replacement. The operation was rated a success and I was passed on to a rehab center where T was monotored and fibally released to home where I continue to be monitored. This afterbnon two different kinds of therapists came. One to check my vital affects and the other to take me through a series of exercises designed to insure that I retain my strength and flexibility They will return periodically over the next few weeks.

Again, I was treated by caring, knowlrdgeable people

All the best,

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote