advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cidp and restless legs

I have been diagnosed with, first, multifocal motor neuropathy, and now with cidp. Everything started with painful cramping and weakness in my right hand. I spent a lot of time going to hand drs and finally was diagnosed with mmn at Mayo in Rochester. Between ivig treatments, I started having pain and burning sensations that started in my right hand and very quickly progressed up my right arm. This is the reason my diagnosis changed to cidp. I also have weakness now in my left foot and thigh. I also have dealt with restless leg syndrome for years. Does anyone else have both or know if restless leg is connected to neuropathies somehow? I take Ropinerole which works but my legs seem to be getting worse as far as being "restless". I am on ivig infusions for the cidp.
crstr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know how they are related but I do know I have pn (idiopathic) and restless legs - the restless legs I have had for as long as I can remember, and the pn 3 years now.... in a way it kind of makes sense that they are related in that they are both sensory - feelings of pain/numbness and feelings of having to move your legs
Fran E is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I had RLS since I was a kid and there was no name for it. Several years after menopause, it stopped, unless I take certains meds, SSRIs, anticholinergics, antidopaminergics, zofran, tramadol, reglan, type drugs, which doesn't leave me with much. Every now and then it flares up for a few days for no reason like it did when I was a kid. Around the time I was 40, it kicked in so bad it was every night from 7pm until 4am. I used Mirapex and it worked. I have small fiber neuropathy with sensory, autonomic and motor issues.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote