advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Epidural steroid injection?

I have had "pins and needles" in my feet for 6 months, mostly my right foot. I have been on 50 - 150 mg Lyrica per night to sleep, depending on how it is that evening. I had an MRI last month that showed a bulging disc. Because of this I had an epidural steroid injection yesterday in the hopes that it would ease the symptoms. I also plan on doing spinal decompression to "plump" back up the disc. Any thoughts or experiences to share on this topic are welcome.
Maryb1953 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryb1953 View Post
I have had "pins and needles" in my feet for 6 months, mostly my right foot. I have been on 50 - 150 mg Lyrica per night to sleep, depending on how it is that evening. I had an MRI last month that showed a bulging disc. Because of this I had an epidural steroid injection yesterday in the hopes that it would ease the symptoms. I also plan on doing spinal decompression to "plump" back up the disc. Any thoughts or experiences to share on this topic are welcome.
I had that done for a bulging disk last year. My experience was that it can take 2-3 injections for long term pain relief. Because it is a steroid, they can only do them about ever 3 months, so it is something that will take a while.

I found it gave me relief for about a month before symptoms would start creeping back, it was helpful for me in the short term, ultimately I had to have back surgery. Be careful you do not overdo it when you start to feel better, just because you dont feel the pain, doesnt mean the injury isnt still there.

This is something that can work very well with Physical Therapy, just make sure to let your PT know you are having it done.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote