advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello following up

Hello Everyone,

I sort of had a hard time of it even cutting down on my caffeine, but I am not going to give up hope, and will try it again much more slowly.

I had really bad withdrawal symptoms, just from 1/2 coffee. Ugggg to that! I think I consumed even more caffeine then, just to rid of the symptoms.

The past week, however my PN has been stable, it is still here of course. However I noticed at night I am not thinking about it, when I lay down. Then I realized last night that the pain, burning, and shooting pains in my feet have not been as overwhelming as they can be at times at night.

No reason or rhyme to this, since nothing has actually changed in my life style, or eating... Does this ever happen to any of you folks, symptoms let up for a bit, for no reason?

Have a nice week end.

Patty
Patricialyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have given up caffeine in the past and it is a brutal thing getting off with the head aches and overall not feeling good but in the long run you do feel better and more pure so to speak. I have not done this since I have developed this condition or my other but one doctor suggested taking some extra type of vitamin c and only cutting down by a certain amount and doing that evey few days. I am not sure if you take otc meds but that may help with the hang over for a short term. As for my pain levels sometimes I see direct connections but for me sometimes it is random. I always say if I knew sometimes I would do the same thing every day for a good pain day.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Patricialyn (04-05-2009)
Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, symptoms can come and go, for some of us. I will have pain in 2 fingers for days, and then it's gone, and I don't remember until the next time they start hurting. Somedays, I will have an entire day with sporadic cellphone type buzzing in my feet. One day, I actually thought I had stepped on a patient's cellphone and I almost fell trying not to break a phone that wasn't there. Other times, there will be days when I get this electrical shock in my calf, sometimes very painful, then it goes away. The electrical shock seems to happen when I am not getting enough Vit B12.

There are good days, and bad days. Sometimes doing too much one day will give you problems for days. It's all relative, I guess.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you both for your input, daniella, that buzzing must really be annoying, I had to laugh at your cell phone story.

I Often think also, good day, hummm what did I do, was it because I walked, or was it because I did not walk, and think I should just stick to doing that particular thing daily.

However for me I find it hard to be consistent, with things, even if I know its for my own good.

A person could drive their self crazy I suppose trying to figure it all out in detail, what helps their PN and what does not. Maybe if I really wanted to I could keep a diary, that might shed some light on it. Also some of your folks ideas here are great. I have hope that I can learn some things that may help relieve my symptoms, and also becoming healthier all the way around will be good for me.

darlindeb25, I just started taking vitamins, so I will have to see if that helps any of my symptoms.

My headaches have been a bit worse lately due to the weather, and the other night I went to dinner for my birthday and had 2 glasses of wine. Oh dear, I got so sick for 24 hours, then I got a headache from no caffeine. I think I am going to hold off on the trying to cut back on the caffeine for a while, and try again when I have more ...well more something. will power maybe.

Have a nice day.

Patty
Patricialyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote