Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can anyone suggest a great spine surgeon in central NJ or NYC

I need a triple cervial fusion. In addition, I have RSD in both hands. The surgeons I go to tell me to get addtional surgical consultations. Any suggestions?
leon217 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Referral

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon217 View Post
I need a triple cervial fusion. In addition, I have RSD in both hands. The surgeons I go to tell me to get addtional surgical consultations. Any suggestions?
1st I will give you my story briefly. I am 45 YO male, married with 2 kids. I am an Avid (expert) skier and look to get a minimum of 20 days a year. I had a 2 level fusion L4-S1 in December 2007. Prior to that I was unable to walk or stand for more than 5 minutes. Pain was debilitating. Relief could only be had lying down or sitting...I had Isthmic Spondylolisthesis. Long Story short, In November 2008 I started skiing again. I skied over 23 days this last ski season of which at least half of the days I skied moguls. I am an avid skeet shooter and for 3 years prior to my surgery had to give it up because i couldn't hold the shotgun. Golf was not possible.

My uncle is a Nuero surgeon in NY and referred me to my surgeon. He was kind, patient and not quick to cut. We had several consults and he explained in detail what he would do and the results i could expect. My expectations were exceeded. I am 98% of where I was prior to my back issues, basically pain free and can do anything I want.

I have referred several people to him who have had cervical and spine related issues that they have had not success in managing and all of whom have selected him after their consultation and had excellent results.

This guy was great for me, you need to decide for yourself, but I would have him operate on my mother, wife or chioldren without hesitation if the need was ever there. Obviously I don't know your specific situation and the resutls that you would get. However, as a second opinion, you have nothing to lose.

Whatever you do, make sure you find "the best" Dr. you can and don't let geography or convenience determine where you get your treatment.

Dr. Anthony Frempong-Boadu
212-263-6514
His assistant is Tanya.

NYU Medical Center

Best of luck and let me know how it goes.....

8pack
8pack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote