advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 05:25 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Test results, need opinion...

I wanted to post my MRI results from awhile back and see what everyone thought. I was told that the tests indicated that my neck and lower back are not causing my neuropathy in anyway. All I know is my back is killing me!

L2-L3: There is no significant loss in disc height. No obvious disc bulge or herniation. No evidence of central or neuroforminal stenosis.

L3-L4: There is a slight degenerative-type loss of disc signal without loss of disc height. Minimal annular bulge touches but does not significantly efface the ventral aspect of the thecal sac. Neural foramina are patent.

L4-L5: There is a is slight degenerative type loss of disc signal without loss of disc height. There is a minimal annular disc bulge which touches but does not significantly efface the ventral aspect of the thecal sac. Mild facet hypertropahy and thickening of the ligamentum flavum is noted. No significant narrowing of the spinal canal or neural foramen.

L5-S1: There is degenerative loss of disc height and signal associated with a small posterior disc bulge and probable posterior osteophytes. This minimall effaces the ventral aspect of the thecal sac but does not create significant central stenosis. No abvious impingement on the nerve roots. Neural foramina are patent. There is degenerative enplate changes involving inferior L5 and superior S1.

C4-5: Mild posterior disc bulge without evidence of significant central or neural foraminal stenosis.

C5-6: Brought -based disc bulge with mild central canal stenosis. No evidence of significant neural formaminal stenosis.

C6-7: Mild posterior disc protrusion with mild central canal stenosis. No evidence of significant neural foraminal stenosis.

C7-TI: unremarkable.

Thoracic spine is normal.

Last edited by Hope15; 04-14-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I copied your post to our Spinal forum also, they might have ideas for you too.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84113
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hope15 (04-13-2009)
Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 PM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

At least you have those tests out of the way and you know it isn't your neck or lower back. Hope you find some answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hope15 (04-13-2009)
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

There are a number of seronegative spondyloarthropathies you can explore. The other option is obviously some kind of autoimmune issue. There are the hereditary ones. Check out the neurowustl site. It has lots of good info. Finding the cause of your neuropathy starts with one test and keeps going until either the docs or you give up, or you hit it 'lucky' and find an answer.

I assume they are talking about doing some PT for your back pain?? At the MRI says is that no problem they can see is impinging on your spinal cord or no orthopedic problem is causing pain. Intermittently, I get horrible coccyx pain, it lasts for several weeks to months and then goes the same way it came. No clue as to what causes it. And I emphathize with you. It is terribly painful. I have a brace which works pretty well for my thoracic pain....Spinomed. It has to be fitted by an orthotist and it is pricey. A German engineered brace to help women with kyphosis due to osteoporosis. I have neither but due to the pain from the herniation we tried it, and it helps.

I was told that thoracic disc herniation did not cause any pain....bs. It does and did, but the spinal nerve root injections of cortisone to make it better made it worse. The above described brace helps.

I don't know how long you had the back or where your neuropathy is, but finding the cause of neuropathy is a marathon....a voyage....gosh, even an odessey. I hope you find a cause and a treatment.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (04-14-2009), Hope15 (04-13-2009)