advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Went to Neuropathy Support Group meeting.

Hi All.

Last night was our monthly meeting at the CBS building in NYC.

I brought my muffins. They went in 30 seconds. lol

We had about 15 people in attendance and some were there for the first time.

I knew I was going to be a speaker because that was agreed upon at the last session.

I was going to speak about my experience with Methyl B-12.

I have done you people PROUD.

I spoke about how Methyl B-12 has changed my life (and that it might not work for everybody) but that it energizes me and there is really no down side to taking this product.

I brought it with me and they passed it around and everyone was copying it.

Interestingly, there is a younger member there, who bought the 1000 of the Jarrows. It puts him to sleep. He said "It's like a dimmer switch for me, I nod right off". Because I take the 5000 he joked "I can only imagine how that would work on me if the 1000 is like a dimmer switch".

He was amazed that I did not take it to sleep.

I said "are you serious, this gives me so much energy, if I took it at night, I'd be up all night".

I'm very interested as to why this has this effect on some people. I believe Mrs. D also gets sleep help using this product.

And someone said "How does Methyl B work?" I even had a response that I copied off the internet.

I responded "It diminishes glutamate related neurotocicity"

Then I joked "don't even try to figure this out". If you want to find out more, go on the internet and type in "Methyl B-12 and neuropathy"

14 out of the 15 people there use the internet and they all wrote down iherb.com.

We talked about the various symptoms and how in my case, the burning has just about disappeared (only comes when I'm extremely stressed or the weather goes crazy).

We even talked about putting the soap under the sheet (for the muscle spasms), and one of the attendees spoke about what she does when she gets a muscle cramp. (Her primary care guy told her about this).

She stood up and she said: "if you get a muscle spasm (for example, if you are sitting in front of the tv or the computer), then just pinch the area where the spasm is" And she showed us how she pinched.

She said "it works, your spasm will stop".

I will definitely try this if ever get another spasm.

I also gave you guys credit for my knowing about Methyl B-12.

Someone asked me "How did you find out about Methyl B-12?" and I said "From a message board on Neurotalks with all these knowledgable people who taught me everything I know about Methyl B-12".

I said "I would not be here today if I didn't take this product".

Someone there said she takes B-12 (not the methyl), but she can't take it at the same time she takes B-6 because her body feels funny.

It is a really nice bunch of people and we always share facts and info.

Neuropathy week is going to be in May. We are trying to get the word out to get funding, because the Neuropathy Organization is the most under-funded organization among them all.

Compared to the amount that the government gives to Parkinson foundations and the other foundations, well Neuropathy gets a mere pittance.

We need more funding and more research.

So I just wanted to share my monthly meeting news.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dlshaffer (04-18-2009), Hope15 (04-17-2009), Leslie (04-19-2009), mrsD (04-17-2009), susanmf (04-18-2009)

advertisement