Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Production of Dopamine

I was dx with pd 7 years ago and am taking Levadopa 25/100 3 times a day with Selegiline 5mg twice daily.I usually go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 7.30 am.When I get up my mobility is as good as it is all day long,but the rigidity in my shoulders and neck have significately been reduced.If fact when I get up, I can easily put on a heavy robe.I take Levadopa at 8 am ,14 hours after my last dose and by 9.30 am the rigidity in my upper body has increased and I need help in putting on my robeThe rigidity increases as the day goes on.I am wondering if I am producing dopamine during the night and this occurence prevents all of the the Levadopa to be absorbed in the brain.I have no off and on symptoms and if I accidently miss a tablet it has no effect.Wondering if anybody else has the occurence and if they got an explanation or better yet if there was a correction.
accu200 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Similar experience

I have read the hypothesis that we produce dopamine in our sleep nd so are in better shape in the mornings, but I don't buy it. From many early morning observations, I know that something happens starting around 4 AM and continuing on until about 7AM. My condition steadily improves but taking sinemet seems to counter things.

I suspect that what we experience in the mornings is more related to the circadian cycles and the changes in our system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accu200 View Post
I was dx with pd 7 years ago and am taking Levadopa 25/100 3 times a day with Selegiline 5mg twice daily.I usually go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 7.30 am.When I get up my mobility is as good as it is all day long,but the rigidity in my shoulders and neck have significately been reduced.If fact when I get up, I can easily put on a heavy robe.I take Levadopa at 8 am ,14 hours after my last dose and by 9.30 am the rigidity in my upper body has increased and I need help in putting on my robeThe rigidity increases as the day goes on.I am wondering if I am producing dopamine during the night and this occurence prevents all of the the Levadopa to be absorbed in the brain.I have no off and on symptoms and if I accidently miss a tablet it has no effect.Wondering if anybody else has the occurence and if they got an explanation or better yet if there was a correction.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote