advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It Get's So Old

For me, sleep is my salvation. My feet actually don't flair up when I am sleeping. However, the minute I plop these painful paddles on the floor, the fun begins. It gets so dog gone old. Achy, icky, tender, burning, scrunching...just flat out....I hate it. Some days...I have to wear the Birks....other days, I can actually wear the fancy dress shoes. Sitting...the burning begins.....slam down a bunch of narcotics...with just a dash of seizure meds, and the cocktail actually gives the appearance of a touch of normalcy. But....oh brother. Why do I have to walk on these weird feeling tarsal/metatarsal collection of dung! Okay,....I feel better now. Until the 72 pills wear off.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-24-2009, 04:06 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

WOW jakatak - you said:
Quote:
Okay,....I feel better now. Until the 72 pills wear off.
What are these 72 pills and how frequently do you take 'em and exactly what are each/all of them prescribed for?

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
WOW jakatak - you said:

What are these 72 pills and how frequently do you take 'em and exactly what are each/all of them prescribed for?
That was tongue in cheek. But, taking 3 prescription drugs a day does get old.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hear ya! I am supposed to walk every day . . .

Does that mean from the table to the bathroom to the kitchen to the . . . ????

When I do get out and go for a "walk" I pay for it with at least an hour of cramping, shooting pain, burning and tingling, and "dead" feet! I hate not being able to sit still to read, or even type on the laptop . . . and it takes me a long time to get them settled down for sleep.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do walk everyday - for 1 to 1½ miles - thanks to the fact that I found pain control using the Fentanyl Transdermal System (generic Duragesic Patch) which constantly controls my pain for up to 48 hours. Untreated my pain is 7 to 9+ and treated it's 2 - 4. I have a 21 year history with PN and it's constant pain and that pain has been controlled as described since early 2002...and my pain doesn't increase after walking - or anything else. Works for me!

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:12 PM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Dan I always remind myself of you cause you found a treatment that works. You are a reminder of hope especially now that I am going to be more aggressive in my treatment. The prescription meds if they worked I would be thrilled. What ever can help one have a better quality of life in my eyes. As of now still trying to find what works I try to find the balance of pushing myself as much as I can but not to he point where I can't take it. On the better days I try to do something fun for ex with my mom so that it helps me cope mentally to have lifted spirits if that makes sense. Hang in there and I hope you feel better
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:21 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hard to admit..But I'm going to NY!

It is so difficult to admit that the body can turn on you. When I've stopped taking my Lyrica, I am reminded...within a day, how important it is for me to continue taking this med. It truly allows me to wear normal shoes, walk around our little lake in our backyard, and workout on my elliptical trainer.
I am so excited about my wife taking me to New York for my 60th birthday.
I've never been there before, so I am religiously taking my meds, so I can walk Central Park, go to Yankee Stadium and see them play my Twins. Broadway...museums...empire state bldg, Statue of Liberty....can't wait!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have posted this before, but it is true. One has to have hope. Hope that they can find the right combo of meds which allows them to have a better quality of life and hope that some of us will be in that lucky category in which our nerves can heal and or improve. All we can do is try and take the best care of ourselves as possible and take our recommended supplements.

I admit, I did kind of freak last night when my pain level shot through the roof. I just had one of those moments where I thought about living the rest of my life like this and all I could do is cry. My family came into my room to comfort me and told me that I will get better, they just feel it. (God bless them). They have seen me go through two other torturous medical conditions and have become a lot stronger. Still, I can see the hurt in their eyes when they see me in pain.

I am back today, trying to feel that hope again, but yes, it is a struggle at times, and, it sure does get old...
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Jakatak that sounds awesome. If or should I say when since we are being hopeful I get to a better point my mom and I are going to take a girls trip to NY or Las Vegas. Wishing you a fun time and Happy pre 60 Bday
Hope It is hard for me I know too when my pain flares up my mood and outlook goes to pot. The past few days have been better pain wise and I have been more happy and have more hope. I think on the bad days that is where especially my mom helps me to battle through. She is my strength and reminds me like your family that we will find me the right treatment. I would of given up like 15 doctors ago if it were not for her. I too see the hurt as when I cry my mom does though she tries to hold it back but just can't. I hope for all of us this oneday will be in the past and laughing times will be ahead. Hugs and hopeful thoughts
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hope15 (04-27-2009)
Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 PM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakatak View Post
For me, sleep is my salvation. My feet actually don't flair up when I am sleeping. However, the minute I plop these painful paddles on the floor, the fun begins. It gets so dog gone old. Achy, icky, tender, burning, scrunching...just flat out....I hate it. Some days...I have to wear the Birks....other days, I can actually wear the fancy dress shoes. Sitting...the burning begins.....slam down a bunch of narcotics...with just a dash of seizure meds, and the cocktail actually gives the appearance of a touch of normalcy. But....oh brother. Why do I have to walk on these weird feeling tarsal/metatarsal collection of dung! Okay,....I feel better now. Until the 72 pills wear off.
LOL....I am also so sick of pills, & IV's, & doctors !
maryec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote