advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 11:08 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help MrsD

Wondering if you have ever heard of this product: WSN® Nerve Support Formula. You can read about it at: http://www.realfoodnutrients.com/NEU/home.htm
The contents are basically Mythl B-12. The company makes several products for multiple conditions.
Do you think there is real help for us PNers with their "WSN Nerve Support Formula" capsules?

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, both main ingredients are helpful. There are many many
papers over the years to show that.

What I don't like is the PRICE of it. It is really high.
When you buy a combo product like that, you have less flexibility in changing your doses.

You can do the same thing at iherb, control your doses, and
pay less money.

Also something to consider is that this company ---is less well known than the major makers of methylB12 and benfotiamine that are available.

I always like to see people try some nutritional support for their PN. I think this is the only way we have to help heal ourselves.

If you want to try supplements, remember you don't need to try a mixture product.
You may need 300mg benfotiamine to start, or 5mg of methylB12 to start, so using this product would be very expensive.

The longer you have had damage...the longer you wait to try and heal, the less you may see improvement. Some cells may die, and be non-retrievable. But it is always worth a try.
I have been very surprised at things I've done in the past, that I never expected! So I am very open-minded, as long as the risk of toxicity is low. The interventions here are typically very low risk if at all.

Many places that make remedies for certain conditions, try to convince you to buy them, by mixing ingredients and in the end you may get less of what you in particular need...and they then can justify more cost to you.

One thing that is very funny, is that I went to college with a guy named Bob Held.... I am sure this is another person, but it was a surprise seeing his name there on the site! LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you mrsD and I agree the pricing would be better thru IHerb, Swanson, etc. I notice that the other ingredients were Vit D3: 250IU, Vit B-6: 2mg, Vit B-2: 2mg and Folic Acid: 100mcg. How important do you think these 4 additives are?

I have been using Methy B-12, 1000mcg q.d. for some 3 years and have noticed no PN improvement. About 2 weeks ago I started taking 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid q.d. and I get this from Swanson.

I've had idiopathic painful sensory PN for over 21 years and I use the generic Duragsic Patch, 125mcg/h every 48 hours and this med has been controlling my pain since Jan '02. I don't use anything else for my PN. I've tried all the stuff the Neuros push including Lyrica but got no help from any of it. I virtually ignore the numbness, pins & needles, etc and with the pain controlled I do very well. But I'm still open to things that might make a significant difference.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
Thank you mrsD and I agree the pricing would be better thru IHerb, Swanson, etc. I notice that the other ingredients were Vit D3: 250IU, Vit B-6: 2mg, Vit B-2: 2mg and Folic Acid: 100mcg. How important do you think these 4 additives are?

I have been using Methy B-12, 1000mcg q.d. for some 3 years and have noticed no PN improvement. About 2 weeks ago I started taking 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid q.d. and I get this from Swanson.

I've had idiopathic painful sensory PN for over 21 years and I use the generic Duragsic Patch, 125mcg/h every 48 hours and this med has been controlling my pain since Jan '02. I don't use anything else for my PN. I've tried all the stuff the Neuros push including Lyrica but got no help from any of it. I virtually ignore the numbness, pins & needles, etc and with the pain controlled I do very well. But I'm still open to things that might make a significant difference.
I think Dan, you should get a B12 test and see where you are.
If you are high, then B12 is not doing it for you. If you are not so high in spite of taking it for so long, there may be a problem your body has in using it properly. Make sure you take it on an empty stomach.

The other ingredients in that product are low. 250IU of D3? When it is thought now we need around 5000IU daily if we don't get into the sun every day?

I think a B-50mg is more therapeutic for people with neuro issues. Some people cannot activate B6, so P5P works better for them.

I went back to that site and looked at their other things a bit.
They have some "food" sourced ingredient that is "secret". The hypertension one mentions it being better than ANY magnesium source. Right there, I have doubts. This "food" additive just sends me a hinky alert. This "food" source is in several of their products.

So yes, I'd like to see you try the benfotiamine. Just add that and start at 300mg a day and see what happens. You need this for at least a month. Then if you see improvement you can cut back to 150mg a day in time.

Fish oil is really important too, since it provides the fats necessary for remyelination of damaged axons.

Keep doing the B12. And think about a test for it. If you do get tested, have them do folate and Vit D too!

There was just an article from Mayo demonstrating that chronic pain patients could reduce their pain meds, by improving Vit D where it was below normal:
http://newsblog.mayoclinic.org/2009/...c-pain-relief/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-29-2009 at 07:50 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so very much mrsD - I truly appreciate your interest and input.

Will be seeing my Doc soon and will take all this in to him and ask him for those tests you mentioned. I'm very curious as to what my B-12 level is. I'm going in NPO so will get them to check the other things you mentioned.

Oh, I meant to tell you that I am also taking P-5-P 20mg q.d. for about the same length of time I've been taking the Methyl B12.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool WSN product for Neuropathy

I think you should that another look at the ingredients. I do have a friend who had neuropathy from chemotherapy so I know this product.

Thinking the price is high is relative to what you get. I know my friend tried a lot of the B12s and B1s that she found from different sources and it really didn't make a difference. She thinks it rather inexpensive since it did work for her.

RIcky
Ricky O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote