Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here

Hi all, I am new here, found this looking for some support. I have had neck and back pain for over 7 years. It has recently gotten worse again. Shocklike sensations down my arms and numbness in my left hand. Last night I spent the night in the ER because after reaching for something, I had excruciating pain in my back and neck and down my arms and lost all feeling in both hands. I now am in a neck brace until i see the neurosurgeon on the 26th. I had a cervical MRI that showed disk problems at C45 and C56 and spinal cord swelling at and below C67. I am a single Mom with two small children and struggling to deal with all this. Thanks for letting me vent here.
Piper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (06-17-2009)

advertisement
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Piper...I had two dics blow in my neck a few years back. I lost the ability to use my right arm and hand. I had an MRI and the neurosurgeon told me that surgery was really my only option if I wanted to function. It was really quite scary. But, the surgery was a success, and with therapy I have gained back the use of my right arm and hand with some nerve damage, but not enough to keep me from functioning. Let us know how your doctor appointment goes. I feel for you with small children. I know it must be really hard for you. There is hope.....

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote