Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 01:53 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A low point in life

Last night was the worst it has been due to all this stuff. I took my meds, naproxen, valium, oxycodone to help ease the pain and sleep but it did not work. Went to bed at 10 pm and woke at 2 am and been up since. The pain has been overwhelming experienced by so many here, I do not single myself from this. And one major problem I have is widespread nerve damage, so this might be a Godsend because the pain level I could feel would most likely be greater than I do.

I injured my foot last week, swollen, all shades of blue, yellow, purple, black, but not broken. During my shower this am, dropped (as usual) a bottle of shampoo right on top of the foot, sent me through the roof, there is no end.

Would like to have your prayers, support as this time in my life is one of the worst times. Another surgery is inevitable probably next month, and I am not looking forward to that process plus major changes that will take place in my life.

I do not consider this depression, just a time of so much weakness that any task takes much longer than it used to and is frustrating. I go to music for support and times of being enveloped in something else. I inherited my son's Ipod but had to go to Ipod for Dummies on the net just to turn it on and play tunes. Had to get the son to turn it off, I have not gotten that far into using it yet.

Listened to Bach, Liszt, Rachmaninoff and just got lost in the exquisite piano and organ performances. Music does so much for me. Then discovered a choral piece I had done several times with church choirs over the last few years on Youtube. It was written by Thomas Dorsey (not the band leader) on the event of his wife's and daughter's death during childbirth. It pretty much describes how I have been feeling the last few days, tired, weak and worn:

Precious Lord
Written by Thomas A. Dorsey in 1939 upon the death of first his wife and baby daughter during childbirth. From that time forward, he dedicated himself to writing gospel songs. Elvis recorded it January 13, 1957 at Radio Recorders. It was released on the Elvis Christmas Album, Essential Elvis, Vol. 2, Known Only To Him, and Youll Never Walk Alone. It is now available on Youll Never Walk Alone, The King of Rock n Roll-The Complete 50s Masters, and Amazing Grace His Greatest Sacred Songs. It was performed at Martin Luther King's funeral, I believe my Mahalia Jackson and has been recorded by numerous artists. This arrangement is by Arnold Sevier which came out during the mid 80's and is copyright free for so many to enjoy. The text:

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, Im weak, Im alone
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near
When my light is almost gone
Hear my cry, hear my call
Hold my hand lest I fall

When the darkness appears and the night draws near
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand
Guide my feet, hold my hand

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, Im weak, Im alone
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light

And a wonderful performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O0aY59SteM

Thank you all,
Peace and love
David
dtyree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-21-2009), Darlene (06-24-2009), DejaVu (06-22-2009), sheila (07-17-2009)

advertisement
Old 06-21-2009, 03:58 PM #2
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

David, I pray that God will help you though this hard time and that your pain will ease.

thank you for sharing "Precious Lord"...it has always ministered deeply to me and even more so today

may things get better for you

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:15 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart I am hopeful for you!

Dear David,

I, too, thank you most sincerely for sharing "Precious Lord" with us!

May you feel engulfed in Divine love, warmth and comfort during this very trying time. May you feel reassured, despite pain and uncertainties of the moment. His love continues to abide and assists us with strength, courage and with endurance. He gives us further "direction" when the timing is right.

We all hear your story and feel your pain-- on so many levels -- from our own geographical location. Despite the physical distance between all of us, may "we gather together and ask the Lord's blessing..." on your behalf!
("All praises to His name, He forgets not His own.")

Please let us know how you are doing if/when you feel led to do so?

I continue to pray on your behalf.

Hopeful Healing Hugs!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote