Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 12-17-2006, 12:20 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In Dec 17-23, 2006

Hi Everyone

X-mas is in the air, and Ive yet to do any shopping yet..Best I get it done this week

My brother and I went to court on Thu and the court appointed me his guardian..Besides getting my Moms estate probated we are going to get all of our legal stuff completed so that if something should happen there wont be any problems

Fishing is about done for this year, and Ive already started to take the gear home..I talked with the guy who bought my boat yesterday and he's got all the paperwork and documentation transfered, and he says on the next nice day hes going to take the boat down to Provincetown to its new home on Cape Cod..So its officially out of my hands now and I can get on with the next chapter in my life..I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me

Thats about it for my week..How was your week?

advertisement
Old 12-17-2006, 06:56 AM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default let it go

Hi Steve,

Hope your adjustment to the boat changes, which translates into life changes, helps your daily living to be easier.

I have been cleaning out things that I accumulate that I don't use and have got to begin giving clothes away. It seems, that I hold onto clothes, particularly clothes that I used to teach in, thinking, in the back of my mind, that I may some day use them again. I have downsized drastically from my former life style, gladly because it was too much to manage, but am still holding onto too many things that I don't use. I'm not going to use those clothes again, and they need to be given away.

Having a daughter and grandson living with me, with toys and, well if anyone is living with someone in their twenties, you know what I mean. LIving with someone in their early twenties is surely a punishment for any adult. This tranlates into a house that is full of clutter and things just dropped everywhere. I struggle to keep the house neat, but it's an accident waiting to happen, so I started pitching more stuff and am going to continue until I have safe passage around the house.

We have to just let things go, downscale to what we can use and manage. In the end, there is little that we actually need.

Happy holidays,
Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:25 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

The temperature outside this past week has been wonderful. No rain or snow predicted until Christmas night

Attended my oldest grandson's birthday party yesterday. He will officially be 6 on Tuesday of this week. So funny, his 8yr old sister had attended a party at the local bowling alley...yes, an odd place I think. He was so intrigued about the bowling alley...this was two years ago...that when he was asked this year where he wanted to have his party, he selected the bowling alley over the movie theater. All the kids...four boys and my grandson...along with his two siblings...had so much fun. They even had six lanes for kids, with kid sized balls, and a ramps for very small kids who aren't able to "toss" the ball hard enough to get it to the pins. Oh yes, and the hot dogs and cake were delic'...LOL

I have gotten one Shepherd's Bush stocking finished, have ONE week to stitch and hand-stitch-assemble another and to repair another one that is 7 yrs old. I need to get my nimble fingers moving this week. I can see some all niters in this coming week.

I have been communicating with Mary at PAN about Medicare and about Part D RX...both need change...it will not be a short document, indeed. I agreed to send to her a compilation of patient perspective on both. I hope to get a least a few replies to my Part 1 and Part 2 posts.

in your coming week

Don't let the -y days get your down. Remember the Attachment 551 is always shining above the gloomy, cloudy days.

I am here.

I love not acting my age!!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink fun time, Carolyn

Carolyn - your grandson's party sounded WONDERFUL!!! That wil be a good memory for him for a long time.

Paula - I did the same thing - cleaned out my closet. Finally gave away most of the blazers that I wore as a corporate trainer.

After all these years, I've gotten to like getting most Christmas letters. Generally they are nice and amusing, and I love getting an update on old friends and their families. Occasionally we get a grumpy one, or the annual "summary of backpacking trips" from my bro-in-law (2 pages, 6 point type, single spaced ... yikes!) And another bro-in-law who thinks he is witty usually sends a totally incomprehensible missive because he refers to local events that the reader knows nothing about. But yesterday we received what I think is a NEW LOW a "Christmas Card" -- a photo of the couple, in Mexico, toasting us with margaritas ... and text stating "salt, more salt ..." The ambiance, the drinks, the cleavage ... I'm thinking they totally missed the spirit of the holiday. I hope they take us off their list for next year. Bah humbug.

I finished scanning in the old photos of my brother for the digital frame. Sometimes I just sit there, watch the photos go by, and reminisce... bittersweet.

I hope you all have a nice week.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone,
The stockings are hung, the tree has been trimmed, I've no money left cause all the presents are bought. Bring on Christmas I say.
This has been a very strange December weather wise. It's been in the upper 50's almost 60 degrees. As far as I am concerned it could stay just like this until April then warm up. Unfortunately, we're gonna pay for this. If you don't get winter in winter, you'll get it in the spring.

I'm doing pretty good for a change. No falls in the past two months! I just might be getting the hang of this PD stuff. Now that I have said that, I probably jinxed it.

GregD
GregD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default checkin in...

Ho Ho HO... or is that OH OH...were did the money go? Well we've had wierd weather too. Lots of rain, then lots of snow, then lots of wind. The wind put our power out for 18 hours. Friends were out for 39 hours and last I heard some people up the coast are still out...11 days!

I got out the fondue pot for Hot Chocolate, listened to my radio with the new batteries I just bought and was pretty comfortable. I did however set fire to the kitchen counter. I had a clognitive moment when I went into Birthday party mode and tried to blow it out!!!! Yes the cells are dying off at an alarming rate.

My shopping is done, my gifts are mostly wrapped yada yada yada. Frankly the whole thing bores me. Don't I sound like the Grinch? Well it's not all bad. I did get a few Christmas cards with short but uplifting notes in them. I made all the cards I sent out this year. It was a pretty limited edition

It's time for me to do a major cleanup after Christmas and get rid of a bunch of clothes and I have a storage bag full of blazers and jackets I used to wear to work too. If I ever have to go back to work again I think I'll just go buy some new ones.

Well I'm holding up well all things considered. I am looking forward to the January doldrums where I can get back to some drawing etc. My car is not doing so well. Of course it breaks down just as we are approaching holidays and I need it to get my loose ends taken care of. Oh well. This to shall pass!

I get one more week of Check in before I say Merry Christmas...see ya then
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Checking in..

or checking out. that is the question.
Yes folks, it's here, "holiday time"
Has winter/holiday "blues" got to anybody yet?
WEll, lets look at the brightside of life.
We still have fingers and hands (that sometimes work )
We have a brain and a PC to use it
the majority of us will have a tolerable time
some of us will have a rip-roarin' time
some of us will be depressed and won't be able to shake it
untill the sun comes a rollin' back this way
Here on the East Coast, it's like October out there, it's been practically suntanning weather, and there haven't been any storms, floods or fires. I didn't think greenhouse warming happened so quickly!
I've been as busy as any of you have. Does that mean doing "practically nothing" . THis is the stressiest part of the year to many, you've got to get up and medicated to be able to do much, and when you overdo it and don't have time to "recharge" your dopamine pump, you get in a terrible way, can't move, falling, etc. Myself, I'm particularly lucky to have a caretaker. Without my wife, my family would be in chaos. Even though she screams like a drill sergeant to keep us all in order. Just got over the effects of the cumulative effect of many "falls", my knees are feeling pretty good, no serious damage. I don't know why i had a period of so many falls, clustered together like that, but i haven't had a fall in weeks and can't attribute it to anything, i haven't been doing anything different, all i know is my balance is back, and i'm not festinating as much.
Well, happy wishes for the holidays to all of you out there, cyberparkies at this frequency. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:31 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

CS..Pd is like New England weather..If you dont like it..wait a day or two..
Old 12-20-2006, 07:18 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steve; or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
CS..Pd is like New England weather..If you dont like it..wait a day or two..
After another day, both the weather AND the PD could get worse! Festinating WAS restricted to AM before meds; now it shows up in the afternoon just before time for PM meds. Time to adjust dosage.
Shufflin' Robert.
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:21 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm adjusting to the changes in the sky. Don't like to drive in the dark so I leave work early (at about 4:00) unless the sky is darkening or the weather threatening. Then I leave work earlier. Will spend part of the winter continuing to downsize. Getting ready for the move to Maine which should take place later in 2007. My son-in-law visited our construction site and took a picture. The foundation is in.

Went to the Christmas party at work. It was my last Christmas party at Columbia University. Next year it will be in Maine. Still thinking about what I will do there. Hope to continue doing some research. Will have three mictoscopes and colleagues about 2 hours drive away.

Still have to think about this PD. How can I contribute to the research?

Still thinking.

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote