advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 AM #1
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Trig Boy Interrupted

I saw a documentary on HBO-W that was called,"Boy Interrupted",about a 15 year old boy who had Bipolar II,who committed suicide. The film was made by the parents of Evan Perry. The film was made by Dana Perry.

The film was on HBO-W at 12:00 AM,to 1:30 AM this morning. It was very sad,but they are attempting to educate the public,which is a very good thing.

We need the help of society,humanity,doctors,and church organizations,and mental health organizations. Lots of people are falling through the cracks,and that's a sad thing.

Apart of the documentary talks about the aftermat of a suicide where people are searching their hearts,and wondering what happened. They are feeling tremendous grief,and lose. One person said you cannot explain it in words. Another person said we have no choice but to cope,and things like this.

We understand this who are on this forum,but it's a education for people who don't know about these mental health issues. The message has to be presented out in the open. It's a fact of reality,and should not be hidden anymore.

It's also sad that some of them are drinking themselves to death on the streets,and in the alleys. Some people choose that life,and some of them do not. I have been a part of a street ministry,so I understand a little about street people,but this is off the subject of the documentary. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), Alffe (08-04-2009), barbo (08-04-2009), BlueMajo (08-05-2009), Burntmarshmallow (08-04-2009), Doody (08-04-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009), Nik-key (08-04-2009), Twinkletoes (08-04-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)

advertisement
Old 08-04-2009, 06:56 AM #2
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Steve...I missed this. http://bipolar.about.com/b/2009/08/0...ilm-series.htm

I hope it there will be a rerun.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), barbo (08-04-2009), Brokenfriend (08-04-2009), Doody (08-04-2009), Nik-key (08-04-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm shocked to see this post this morning as I was going to come in and post about the same thing! What a surprise!

This was also on last evening. I saw it about 7:30 p.m. Anyone who has HBO can see it as it is on HBO Demand to view at any time.

My heart just broke. It's basically a documentary done by the parents of the boy. Their story starts all the way back filming the birth of her son and the journey they all took from that day forward.

By the end of the movie, though I knew it would end with his death, I found myself hoping against hope that he would make it. He had Bipolar II with profound depression from the time he was a little boy. Even in preschool he talked about dying.

His uncle (father's brother) had the same thing and took his life at the age of 21 or 22.

In the end, my tears were falling along with the mother describing the final moments. Still feeling the pain of it this morning I'm afraid.

A quote from Alffe's link above:
Quote:
If any of you think for even a brief second that your death would go unmarked. That people wouldn't notice or care, you need to hear the comments of those devastated by Evan's suicide. Not just his parents or his brothers or his friends, but even acquaintances, doctors and other kids at school. Each and every one of us is part of a tapestry woven together in this life and the loss of even one thread changes the fabric of the whole.

For those who doubt the ugly, reality of the emotional torment those with this disorder experience, you need to hear the video clips of Evan’s nightmare. No not a bad dream, his every day waking life.
Sigh.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), Alffe (08-06-2009), barbo (08-04-2009), Brokenfriend (08-04-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009), Nik-key (08-04-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)
Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 AM #4
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Yes

It is a profoundly tormenting dark feeling,that zaps your life,and energy,to the extent that you don't want to live sometimes,and robs your life of relationships,love,joy,descent jobs,and etc. Some people become a outcast in their own family. This causes insecurity,rejection,and emptyness.

Sometimes we get tired,real tired. People don't understand these illnesses,and they stay away from you if you have a combination of these illnesses.

I don't know what's going on in my genetics,but I'm glad that I have my Faith in the Lord,and have my Bibles. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), Alffe (08-06-2009), barbo (08-04-2009), BlueMajo (08-05-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009), pearl girl (08-09-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)
Old 08-05-2009, 03:09 AM #5
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
I'm shocked to see this post this morning as I was going to come in and post about the same thing! What a surprise!

This was also on last evening. I saw it about 7:30 p.m. Anyone who has HBO can see it as it is on HBO Demand to view at any time.

My heart just broke. It's basically a documentary done by the parents of the boy. Their story starts all the way back filming the birth of her son and the journey they all took from that day forward.

By the end of the movie, though I knew it would end with his death, I found myself hoping against hope that he would make it. He had Bipolar II with profound depression from the time he was a little boy. Even in preschool he talked about dying.

His uncle (father's brother) had the same thing and took his life at the age of 21 or 22.

In the end, my tears were falling along with the mother describing the final moments. Still feeling the pain of it this morning I'm afraid.

A quote from Alffe's link above:

Sigh.
Hey Doody. Great minds think a like they say. LOL So I beat you to the punch.

I saw half of the documentary,and came in here,and posted it in the night.

It was very sad. It's good that they are educating the public. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), Alffe (08-06-2009), barbo (08-05-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009), Spanish Moss (08-05-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 AM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

There was a movie called "Girl Interrupted" on HBO that they have shown a zillion times,and now there is a documentary called,"Boy Interrupted".

Isn't it the truth that we are Interrupted. Our lives are interrupted continuously. If I didn't have the nick name Brokenfriend,I'd nick name myself "Life Interrupted". Gosh. Oh well. Brokenfriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-07-2009), barbo (08-07-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 PM #7
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

*sigh...

too often, we have boys/girls interrupted....
too less, we have boys/girls intercepted so their lives could be saved...

I do wonder, how often lives have been intercepted because of this forum...and that...makes me smile....

because my life has been intercepted many a times here in the past 10 years...

because there are nights such as that, when it's easy to reach for something for something destructive, that will take my life with ease.

And on nights like that, we all are strangers onto ourselves...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (08-13-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009)