Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default swine flu shot linked to killer nerve disease\\

I'm sharing this because many may be thinking about getting this shot...might want to talk to your neuro to be sure it doesn't make your PD worse...

Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-America.html
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
I'm sharing this because many may be thinking about getting this shot...might want to talk to your neuro to be sure it doesn't make your PD worse...

Here's the link:

Here's a link to Snopes.com on this topic:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/swineflu.asp

Kathleen
cochrankat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (08-16-2009), Sasha (08-21-2009)
Old 08-17-2009, 01:22 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrankat View Post
Here's a link to Snopes.com on this topic:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/swineflu.asp

Kathleen
That Snopes link isn't talking about the same thing.
There is new news that the vaccine is linked to a killer nerve disease.

Quote:
A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter.
RobinN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default vaccine

Was there not a report in ~ 1976 linking a vaccine for swine flu to Gilliam Barre syndrome? I should probably not mention this again, but feel compelled to do so: multiple dose vials flu vaccines are preserved with thimerasol, which metabolizes to a couple of elements, ethyl mercury being one of them. Mercury in any form is a known neurotoxin. I am aware of the need for protection from the swine flu for individuals with chronic conditions; just seems counterintuitive to administer a neurotoxin in an injection to individuals who have a neuro disease.

I know there are single dose injections available for regular flu vaccines--surely there must be for the swine flu vaccine. At least with single dose preparations, the amt of thimerasol is truly miniscule in comparison to the multidose vials (babies and young children should receive only single dose preparations, also, IMO; increased need for preservative/antibacterial effect is not present for single dose preparations). Ask your family doc, internist or neurologist for the single dose preparation. Interestingly, our neighborhood Walgreens used single dose preparations for last winter's flu vaccine!

I am aware the CDC does not share my concerns about thimerasol and most physicians feel it is safe as used in vaccines. And yes, my concerns may be misplaced. I still have them....

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I thought they stopped using Thimerosal. Here's an article about it:

Will Safety Fears Hurt Swine Flu Vaccinations?
Concerns Over Thimerosal, Expedited Approval Process Ignite Worries in Some

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFl...8206167&page=1

"However, groups opposed to current vaccination practices continue to condemn thimerosal as a toxin responsible for the development of autism and related ailments in children. Additionally, the possibility that the swine flu vaccine could also contain an adjuvant, an ingredient that would allow more doses to be created from existing supplies of the vaccine, has also worried these groups.

"We don't have adequate safety studies on this vaccine before we are moving forward to market," said Lyn Redwood, president and co-founder of the group SafeMinds. "I'm really not convinced that we know for sure that the risk of the disease outweighs the risk of the vaccine, especially since this is a brand new additive that we have never used before in combination with thimerosal." "

......."The anticipation is that we will be producing both a thimerosal-free and a vaccine containing thimerosal," Cary said. "Because of the quantities they're talking about, multi-dose vials will be used."

Using thimerosal and multi-dose vials makes vaccines cheaper to manufacture and distribute, Treanor said.

Still, Pavia said, there will likely be enough doses of thimerosal-free vaccine for very young children whose parents fear that the chemical will have some negative effect. Taking such steps, he said, may further ensure than those who need this important vaccine will receive it.

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:34 PM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default oh man.....

good grief - like the lightbulbs...pick your poison.

thanks for this information,makes me furious and we need to know, you are so appreciated for pointing these things out.

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZucchiniFlower View Post
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I thought they stopped using Thimerosal. Here's an article about it:

Will Safety Fears Hurt Swine Flu Vaccinations?
Concerns Over Thimerosal, Expedited Approval Process Ignite Worries in Some

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFl...8206167&page=1

"However, groups opposed to current vaccination practices continue to condemn thimerosal as a toxin responsible for the development of autism and related ailments in children. Additionally, the possibility that the swine flu vaccine could also contain an adjuvant, an ingredient that would allow more doses to be created from existing supplies of the vaccine, has also worried these groups.

"We don't have adequate safety studies on this vaccine before we are moving forward to market," said Lyn Redwood, president and co-founder of the group SafeMinds. "I'm really not convinced that we know for sure that the risk of the disease outweighs the risk of the vaccine, especially since this is a brand new additive that we have never used before in combination with thimerosal." "

......."The anticipation is that we will be producing both a thimerosal-free and a vaccine containing thimerosal," Cary said. "Because of the quantities they're talking about, multi-dose vials will be used."

Using thimerosal and multi-dose vials makes vaccines cheaper to manufacture and distribute, Treanor said.

Still, Pavia said, there will likely be enough doses of thimerosal-free vaccine for very young children whose parents fear that the chemical will have some negative effect. Taking such steps, he said, may further ensure than those who need this important vaccine will receive it.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote