advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One last vent about SSD/SSI - I think

This is for those of you who have kids. The reason I signed up for SSD as my dependent on MY CLAIM for my son to start with was because the SSA lady and the man there too, told me that it would be extra money for me every month to use toward my son that it would be helpful for me, so when I needed to buy clothes, pay rent, and buy things for my son it would be there for me to use. So I did. If I would have known (from other members said) that I was not allowed to use it for those things I would have never signed up. They told me that it was for those things and so I could if I wanted put the money back for a car when he reaches 16 or for college when he reaches that age than I could.

Now I hear from a post on here that I should be taking it out of my 680 a month. I do have other bills you know. I hear other people on the blogs saying that they signed up for their kids bc it helps them out every month with bills and clothes and stuff for the kids. It helps put a roof over their head. Look I understand if he was on SSD that I should not use it for those things but he is not. Plus, yes he has doctor appts in another town and I would like to use some of the money toward that but people on here act like I should be again using my own money. I feel as though tech that money is mine/ his to begin with. If he knew that money was all his then he would be yelling at me (he is going on 10) that he can buy tons of things. As it is he wants something every other day!!!! He is always wanting toys or big things or whatever. So then I have more so say but I will leave it at that. I am the disabled one and again they told me it would help since I was not receiving much every month.

Thanks for letting me vent.
xmelax36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmelax36 View Post
This is for those of you who have kids. The reason I signed up for SSD as my dependent on MY CLAIM for my son to start with was because the SSA lady and the man there too, told me that it would be extra money for me every month to use toward my son that it would be helpful for me, so when I needed to buy clothes, pay rent, and buy things for my son it would be there for me to use. So I did. If I would have known (from other members said) that I was not allowed to use it for those things I would have never signed up. They told me that it was for those things and so I could if I wanted put the money back for a car when he reaches 16 or for college when he reaches that age than I could.

Now I hear from a post on here that I should be taking it out of my 680 a month. I do have other bills you know. I hear other people on the blogs saying that they signed up for their kids bc it helps them out every month with bills and clothes and stuff for the kids. It helps put a roof over their head. Look I understand if he was on SSD that I should not use it for those things but he is not. Plus, yes he has doctor appts in another town and I would like to use some of the money toward that but people on here act like I should be again using my own money. I feel as though tech that money is mine/ his to begin with. If he knew that money was all his then he would be yelling at me (he is going on 10) that he can buy tons of things. As it is he wants something every other day!!!! He is always wanting toys or big things or whatever. So then I have more so say but I will leave it at that. I am the disabled one and again they told me it would help since I was not receiving much every month.

Thanks for letting me vent.
You use the money as you see fit. we take out our kids money as soon as it is put in their account. To pay bills, groceries.etc. do with the money as you see fit.
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-19-2009), xmelax36 (08-18-2009)
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

xmelax of course you can use that money for those things you listed. anyone who is telling you you cant is incorrect or you are misunderstanding what they are saying.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-19-2009), xmelax36 (08-18-2009)
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both sooooo much that makes me feel so much better. You don't know how much better it does make me feel! Again thank you very much!
xmelax36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote